Jump to content

Chapter 11 announced - Part 3 - BSA's Toggle Plan


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forums work well in many ways, but it is probably not the best way to discuss the difficult feelings of this bankruptcy while also discussing the impact to child sex abuse survivors.  However, there a

The mental fallout from my abuse was mostly dormant prior to the current lawsuit. It would still torment me in idle moments. Or at night sometimes when I lay in bed trying not to blame myself after so

I would like to not lock the thread but we seem to be in a rut that we need to get out of before any progress can be made. Here are some observations that might help. First, human dignity is the

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Kosnoff Law

"This bankruptcy may go down in history as the only instance in which the judge never made a single, solitary ruling.  Survivors would have been better served by a used side by side refrigerator with a broken ice maker and wrapped in a black robe."

He’s not wrong though

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Kosnoff Law

He does bring up two good points.

1) Only 2/3 mediators asked for this.

2) Only BSA is on record asking for this.

Could mean nothing. Could mean everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

Kosnoff Law

"This bankruptcy may go down in history as the only instance in which the judge never made a single, solitary ruling.  Survivors would have been better served by a used side by side refrigerator with a broken ice maker and wrapped in a black robe."

I dunno. Some see insolence towards the court, I see some smuck trying to sell his old broken fridge to a client.

My $0.02,

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sentinel947 said:

He has about as much impact on the outcome of this case as those of us posting here does. 

Um, anyone here have 17,000 claimant clients? How about all of us combined? Let’s not minimize. Haters hate, but he’s still a play-ya. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

Um, anyone here have 17,000 claimant clients? How about all of us combined? Let’s not minimize. Haters hate, but he’s still a play-ya. 

Yeah, Kosnoff is a giant in the BSA sexual abuse litigation world

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 100thEagleScout said:
11 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

 

Yeah, Kosnoff is a giant in the BSA sexual abuse litigation world

I think you’re being serious, not facetious. If the former, I agree. Ask some of his former clients. The proof of the puddin’ is in the eatin’. I don’t care for it when folks attempt to delegitimize someone’s work because they find her personality or character lacking. You can, in fact, “separate the policy from the man.”

Edited by ThenNow
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

If the former, I agree.

He represents ~20% of all total claimants (17000/82500).

Even if you don't like him or what he does, from a purely legal perspective you have to account for him. If he can persuade the bulk of his clients to reject any BSA deal, it makes it that much harder. Especially when you consider that it is not 2/3rds of ALL claimants, it is 2/3rds of VOTES CAST.

If he can both persuade those 17,000 claimants to not only oppose the BSA plan BUT to also mail in their ballots, look out.

Edited by CynicalScouter
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

Especially when you consider that it is not 2/3rds of ALL claimants, it is 2/3rds of VOTES CAST.

If he can both persuade those 17,000 claimants to not only oppose the BSA plan BUT to also mail in their ballots, look out.

That's interesting. I did not appreciate that distinction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CynicalScouter said:

1) Only 2/3 mediators asked for this.

Where did you see that or are you just inferring? My read is Finn was not a signatory solely because he had a conflict and is not in attendance. I don't think there is any indication of a lack of unanimity. 

"The Mediators support the Debtors’ request."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

Where did you see that or are you just inferring?

Only 2 signatures on that document. https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/faeb7741-2d46-4c37-b696-d10629348ddd_5285.pdf

You may be right, it was just the third mediator was absent. Kosnoff's making a point of 2/3rds

Edited by CynicalScouter
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

Only 2 signatures on that document. https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/faeb7741-2d46-4c37-b696-d10629348ddd_5285.pdf

You may be right, it was just the third mediator was absent. Kosnoff's making a point of 2/3rds

I don't believe they would have used the full plural or footnoted it as they did if Finn dissented. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...