I haven't gone through the detail yet, but I see they have monthly meeting plans for September through the following August.  I'm curious what percentage of packs have formal pack meetings in the summer?  We generally take the summer off from formal organized meetings. 

@@SlowDerbyRacer

We historically lay off during the summer.... "the way it's always been done..."

Seems like most packs near me do at least a little something over the summer, but I don't think any of them do a full meeting schedule.... just like a summer potluck picnic, maybe a camp out.

I like the idea of doing a little something like that.  i think it would help with retention

& I like the idea of a minor effort in early recruiting for that event.

But we don't have the "energy" to pull it together....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Our pack meets three of the four Tuesdays in June, July and August.  We meet as a pack and not necessarily individual dens.  This summer we grabbed the new books and are working on at least one elective per rank.  We are finishing up on Air of the Wolf and Robotics.  Yes, all four ranks work at some level on the requirements even though the Adventure Loops will be awarded to the proper ranks in September.  In the past, we worked on belt loops and pins, this year we are doing our best to incorporate the new Adventure Loops in the summer.    One year, we cut back to one meeting a month and lost about half of the pack.  Parents and Cubs alike hated it.  So back to a full schedule.  I have been with the pack for 18 years and aside from the one summer, we stay very active all summer, even recruiting new Cubs along the way. 

My understanding is that National is still pushing year round Cub Scouts. I guess they want Cubs to be like Boy Scouts. I don't think the PTB realize how adult leader intensive Cub Scouting is, and that a break from Cub Scouts is needed for the adults.

My pack does do activities over the summer. It varies from 2 events per month to 1 per month, depending upon pack leadership.