Independant P/C sales?

I know Units sell popcorn, Cub Scouts more than Boy Scouts. If a Unit does NOT sell P/C, have you ever heard of an individual Scout sell P/C, say under Council aegis? Or perhaps Scout in Unit A (which does not sell P/C) sells P/C under Unit B's umbrella? What benefit would such an arrangement have? How would such an arrangement jibe with the "Scout Account" thing?

Considering that "Scout accounts" arent supposed ti exist at least as far as any money raised by fundraising going to a specific scout. Thus the $ raised by such scout who participated in a Council sale would go to the council. The scout doesnt get any of it, prizes excepted.

I could envision the hypothetical Lone Scout raising funds for his council -- No strings attached.

I could then see that scout benefiting from those funds by applying for a camper-ship that would be awarded without consideration of how much the boy raised.

There are boys who just care about helping fellow scouts who they've never met.

you are not limited to popcorn. you can fund raise anyway you can..

Outside of council fund-raising events, you MAY raise funds any way the council approves.

Here's the form to apply for permission. http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34427.pdf

The local council is responsible for upholding the Charter and Bylaws and the Rules and Regulations of the BSA. To ensure compliance, all unit fundraisers MUST OBTAIN WRITTEN APPROVAL from the local council NO LESS THAN 14 DAYS before committing to the fundraising activity.

The guide to unit fund-raising.

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/510-274.pdf