UNOFFICIAL Guide to Earning Eagle Scout: for Parents and Scouts: a step-by-step strategy to achieve Scouting's highest rank

Eagle Scout is not the goal of scouting. Have those scouts focus on scout skills, fun outdoor activities, and the patrol method.

Advancement, including Eagle, is "A Method of Scouting", and has a place in the program; this is something to discuss once a First Class scout, who has mastered his skills, is an active contributing member of one of the functioning patrols in a boy led troop.

The last year as a Webelo, and first year as a Boy Scout, are already overwhelming, don't add fuel to the fire.

Btw, the strategy for earning Eagle is: get active, have fun, master your scouts skills, live with scout spirit, and inspire others to do the same ... oh ya, check off some stuff in your book along the way. There ya go, all you need to know without buying the book.

"Toilet paper reference removed upon request"

Oh come on, it is a lot more complicated than "check off some stuff in your book along the way." Sadly the BSHB is relatively useless except as tinder these days. However a page or two should suffice and the boys certainly don't need someone to spoon feed them tracking charts they should be more than capable of making themselves in Word or Excel. Maybe this book is targeted to LDS, we know that is a completely different program.

Just some fair notice here, I am considering closing this thread to further posts - not deleting it, just locking it. I think we (including me) have all made our point, loud and clear. In recognition of the comment that MattR has made, I think that anything further along these lines is just "piling on" at this point. The main reason I hesitate is to give the original poster an opportunity to defend his work, if he wishes to do so. Otherwise, like I said, the point is made. Right?

• Upvote 1

And since after a few days, this new poster still has only posted one message which is basically selling his own book, I'm going to call this a borderline spam thread. If he doesn't respond to this message, I'll change my opinion to pure spam.

Yep' date=' NJ, you're likely right. But I also know that writing anything, whether one page or a book, is tough when people criticize it. It's very personal. If you've ever written a thesis or journal article and had someone you don't know drill you a new orifice you'd know what I was talking about. I was just asking for people to be polite. Who knows, if we were to try and help him he might rewrite it in a way we'd all like. People rarely get a paper written the first time that will be a final draft. He likely doesn't have an editor that knows anything about scouting, so this is the first draft. There might be some good nuggets in the book from which another book could come from. We don't know.[/quote']

The book is for sale. He writes books. For example Cold Free Forever: Wipe out colds and allergies, and sinus infections, and flu.: 3 secrets to change your life! He came here to flog his book.

Author:

http://kentclizbe.com/

http://www.desmogblog.com/cia-vet-stalking-hockey-stick-author-mike-mann

http://legendofpineridge.blogspot.com/2011/01/kooky-kent-clizbe-does-not-speak-for.html

The Brits have a nice word: "dodgy"