Judges should not be BSA members? What nonsense.

These issue won't stop until BSA allows gay scout masters, make no mistake they don't care about gay rights it's just a way to destroy the BSA. So what must we do? It's simple they must lift the gay ban, then the issue is over. However, I have heard a good deal of grumbling from people who dislike the new policy, and this has even allowed new organizations to form.
How do military organizations discriminate? A California judge can't be part of which military organizations?
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmmmm, we have a state supreme court justice in our troop. He's also served as our district chair. Of course, here in Oklahoma, we tend to appreciate the value the BSA brings to youth instead of fi

So "reflecting badly" is now the standard? You mean worse than being a member of the bar association?

SR, I concur. I'm in OK too. I was previously stationed in CA. When we got orders for OK, I was never so happy to cross that state border, leaving CA behind. There are great scouters in CA, do

This is just another version of hate and it's the same ugly destructive hate that Merlyn LeRoy shows all the time in these forums. He's not a scouter and only is here to be a thorn in the side of others who disagree.

I agree. Allow gay members to join. Then we don't discriminate. That is what most churches do too. Sure you can be a member but realize that we believe that the way you lead your life is wrong. It's not hypocritical. It's just being open to letting anyone be a member. Again it only becomes an issue when the purpose of one organization is used to advocate for another purpose ... like Merlyn keeps doing.

Hmmmmm, we have a state supreme court justice in our troop. He's also served as our district chair. Of course, here in Oklahoma, we tend to appreciate the value the BSA brings to youth instead of finding a politically correct cause to attack it with.

• Upvote 2

SR, I concur. I'm in OK too. I was previously stationed in CA. When we got orders for OK, I was never so happy to cross that state border, leaving CA behind. There are great scouters in CA, doing their best for the BSA, but they have their work cut out for them.

• Upvote 1
This is just another version of hate and it's the same ugly destructive hate that Merlyn LeRoy shows all the time in these forums. He's not a scouter and only is here to be a thorn in the side of others who disagree.

I agree. Allow gay members to join. Then we don't discriminate. That is what most churches do too. Sure you can be a member but realize that we believe that the way you lead your life is wrong. It's not hypocritical. It's just being open to letting anyone be a member. Again it only becomes an issue when the purpose of one organization is used to advocate for another purpose ... like Merlyn keeps doing.

Fred, you really exemplify the kind of hatred the BSA foments in its members.

Allow gay members to join. Then we don't discriminate.

Wrong. The BSA still discriminates on the basis of religion and sex.

Again it only becomes an issue when the purpose of one organization is used to advocate for another purpose ... like Merlyn keeps doing.

How do I do that? All I do is criticize bigoted fools like yourself.

I've never understood this. How is asking the BSA to live up to it's stated values ("...is completely nonsectarian...", Reverent - "...shows respect for other faiths...") hate?

How is asking the BSA to live up to it's stated values ("...is completely nonsectarian...", Reverent - "...shows respect for other faiths...") hate?

Who said that?

The BSA foments hatred of atheists by its actions. It states that atheists cannot be "the best kinds of citizens" for one example.

Who said that?

Fred did:

Merlyn ... You're the Stalin of the web era. You accuse others of treachery when you can't live side by side with those who disagree with you. Instead, you want to kill and destroy. You accuse others of hatred and bigotry when that's exactly what you're doing.

Tolerance is a two sided street and you throw accusations cheap and quick because I think differently than you.

BSA should remove barriers to homosexuals. Fine. That's a good idea because even though the large majority of faiths do not support it, there is not a 100% consensus. Let each charter org decide. But my charter org does not agree with it and I don't either. So don't force us to adopt your beliefs. But we still accept anyone as members. The issue is when you try to change me or my charter org so that you are more comfortable.

I don't agree with you. Get over it and move on.

Merlyn ... you are a hater and just too intense on your position to realize it.

Merlyn ... You're the Stalin of the web era. You accuse others of treachery when you can't live side by side with those who disagree with you.

No Fred, you're the Hitler of scouter.com

Who have I accused of treason? I just accuse you of being bigoted. You know different words mean different things, don't you?

Tolerance is a two sided street and you throw accusations cheap and quick because I think differently than you.

Yeah, like when I accused you of "ugly destructive hate" -- oh wait, that was you, about me. But since you're a hypocrite, it's OK for you to do it against me, but not vice-versa.

BSA should remove barriers to homosexuals. Fine. That's a good idea because even though the large majority of faiths do not support it, there is not a 100% consensus. Let each charter org decide. But my charter org does not agree with it and I don't either. So don't force us to adopt your beliefs.

Are you totally insane?

First, I'm NOT trying to force you to adopt my beliefs. Second, even if I was attempting to do that, I couldn't. I can't force the BSA to do anything, except when they blatantly break the law, and even then, I needed an assist from the ACLU.

I don't agree with you. Get over it and move on.

Look, hypocrite, you weren't even on my radar until you decide to vomit out "ugly destructive hate that Merlyn LeRoy shows". You are the one who needs to "get over it".

Merlyn ... you are a hater and just too intense on your position to realize it.

Because of the way I keep jumping into conversations and accuse you of "ugly destructive hate" -- oh wait, that's still you doing that, not me.

Brian ... Get a grip. You have been beating up BSA because it's a faith based organization for twenty years. You've called many people bigots, bullies, hypocrites, hitler and etc. It's easy to find entries from you since 1995 and earlier.

Merlyn LeRoy 2002-12-27 ... "You'll have to point out the "good" in a youth program that has as a central tenet that only theists can be "the best kinds of citizens" (and it's particularly egregious when the government unlawfully charters such discriminatory units)

Merlyn LeRoy ... 2005-08-31 ... "Sure - don't you think it was unethical of the BSA to have public schools run their "no atheists allowed" private clubs for decades? "

Merlyn LeRoy ... 2005-09-01 ... To Ed Mori ... "However, I have no interest in trying to explain anything to you, because YOU CAN'T LEARN."

Merlyn LeRowy ... 2005-09-05 ... to Bob White ... "Yet hypocrites like yourself will wail about the Boy Scouts being treated badly - simply because they are now being treated the same as any other organization that practices religious discrimination."

My biggest mistake is getting suckered into your 20 year hate fest and not blocking you so I can't see your comments.

Fred, Merlyn. Put the keyboards down and step away for a bit.

First of all Godwin's law just got invoked, so you both lose.

Secondly, you both exhibit why the culture war is so bad in this country.

When we can't discuss tough issues civilly without tossing around loaded terms, grouping large swaths of people together based on stereotypes and incorrect perceptions then progress isn't going to be made.

If you cannot discuss the issue like adults, I'd be happy to clean both of your posts up for you. Both of you have the choice. I'm not afraid of being accused of censorship.

Just because a thread is in Issues and Politics doesn't give you free reign to say whatever you want.

Have a wonderful evening gentlemen.

*edit*

When we can't discuss tough issues civilly without tossing around loaded terms, grouping large swaths of people together based on stereotypes and incorrect perceptions then progress isn't going to be made.

Hey, call me when the BSA stops "grouping large swaths of people together based on stereotypes and incorrect perceptions".

Merlyn. I'm not going to argue with you. But your spat with Fred is done. Cease and desist please.