There are some really hot topics going on in some of the other threads.

Just thought that we might lighten things up a little.

In the past we have looked at what is in the trunk(Boot.) Of your car, Movies and music.

I thought that we might put together a list of things that work.

This is just for fun and need not be taken to heart or too seriously.

Please feel free to come back and add to the list as you think of or find other things that work.

I'll get the list going with:

Zippo Lighters.

There is an old Frigidaire refigerator in the basement that was here when we bought the house, the previous owner said that she bought it in the early 50's. It does need to be defrosted every year or so but it is still going strong and we are on our second Maytag.

Eamonn

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel almost mystic about this one . . .

My thing that works is a wool scarf in the proud tradition of the Cameron Clan tartan (my clan) that my grandfather bought in Scotland some forty years ago. When he passed away 20 years ago, the scarf found its way into my hands. I've always lived in the midwest and wear the scarf (to this day) under my heavy winter coat when the temperature dips below 40 degrees.

I've "lost" the scarf at least 12 times -- and it always returns itself to me. I can't explain it. It just always finds its way back to my hands. Seems the Hand of God is on that scarf.

Perhaps it's the hand of Grandpa -- either way, the scarf is a blessing in my life.

DS

I forgot my 23-year old Florsheim black wing tips. Resoled twice, and more sets of laces than I can count, but what quality!

Rooster, I'm with you 100% on Dodge. Also used to be a Chevy guy until I drove my mom's last car, a 1989 Celebrity -- 20,000 parts moving down the highway in loose formation! Now, it's a Grand Caravan for Mrs. KS, and a Dakota for me.

KS

My Fabiano Mountain Boots. Purchased at the EMS seconds store in 1973. (Even outlived that store...it's been long gone.) Been through 2 new Vibram soles and countless laces. Even had some of the stitching redone a couple of times. But they're still with me. Of course, like the one who wears them, they're looking just a little ragged a present.