Martinez and the Magicians Horse

No, badmouthing would be for me to say disparaging things about you without your own words to back it up. You've illustrated how some of my observations were off, and good for you! But I think that what you have left unaddressed speaks volumes.

As for mock sincerety, you are now trying to mischaracterize what I've said. I really don't want to see you go, as you have become my new favorite cat toy! Granted, you've just as much as admitted that you have no real interest in Scouting, yet you continue to post on these threads to decry the BSA's membership policies. Why? What do you hope to gain?

I'll admit that I have expressed a great deal of dissatisfaction with the BSA's current policies, but I do it because I would like to see MY organization start doing the right thing! What's your angle? What's your point? And exactly where does calling Ed a moron fit in to that philosophy?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for starters, you still haven't explained just why you're here. You're clearly not interested in Scouting, so why spend so much time in this forum? If it's to show how much more enlightened you are than the rest of us, then your posts in this thread clearly haven't been your best attempt. Or at least, I hope not!(This message has been edited by sherminator505)

Sherminator writes:

Well, for starters, you still haven't explained just why you're here.

I have in other threads. I've been posting here since 2001. It's only about 3300 posts if you want to go through them.

You're clearly not interested in Scouting, so why spend so much time in this forum?

You're clearly not interested in a sincere discussion, so why should I bother explaining anything to you?

@Scoutfish: I get your point, but if you carefully or even carelessly read this particular thread, and if you can find a true political debate here then I'm a monkey's uncle (spin-off a thread on evolution here?...Boy, I hope not!) :)

This thread was started with the clear intention of starting the usual We vs. Merlyn stuff. As Beavah sez "do da Merlyn thing."

And, per usual, it disintegrates into something like:

"I said this..."

"No, you said that..."

"Why did you say this..."

"Crap, I forgot what I said..."

and it goes downhill from there.

There will eventually be a bit more name-calling and the mods will lock it down.

This isn't political discussion. This is a playground squabble.

If we were to all meet around a campfire one night, or bump into one another snagging a cup of something at the leader's hut at summer camp, would we talk to each other like this? No. At least, I hope not. But that's what the anonymity of the Internet has done - allowed ordinarily good-hearted folk to call each other names and disparage each other until the cows come home.

Let's just all take some deep breaths, step back, and not feed the creatures who live under the bridge, whoever they may be.