• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have y'all ever noticed that secure people who are comfortable with who they are don't mind what other folks think. Scouters are in fact a rather tolerant lot.

It's the people who aren't very happy in their life who want everybody else to be just like them...

If you're one of THOSE people out there that don't want to try my chocolate chip cheese cake, I'm going to hunt you down and do terrible things to you! :)

Now, let me rephrase that a bit. Do you want a cup of coffee with your cheese cake?

Stosh

Okay Stosh; since I am in California and unlikely to have the chance, maybe you can give me the recipe and I can make my own. Of course it likely will not measure up to yours at first, but maybe with practice.

I made sweet chili at Camporee using four different beans,crushed tomatoes Italian style, Mexican tomatoes, fresh onions, pre-cooked sirloin to get out the grease, garlic, and would you believe powdered hot chocolate. The kids ate every morsel (no plates with half left), and the adults said it was some of the best they ever had. I normally use molasses, but forgot to bring with. Had read somewhere about chocolate, and gave it a try.

No cobbler though, as we are already on fire restriction here, and we could not even have charcoal, except in a large open area with a cement slab that was a quarter mile away. They used it for Dutch oven contest and string burning. Did the beans in a number 12 on a large Coleman single burner so I could stay in the site.

Dang Skeptic!

I'm working late here with no dinner yet. (Checked the forum while waitng on a large file to save...) That chili recipe has got me salivating on my keyboard. My typing is challenged enough without all the slipping and sliding that you've caused me.

Although I do like fresh jalapeno in my chili, that sweet recipe might turn the key for the kids.

'Preciate it!

Just another Slobbering Bigot

Give out my secret recipes? NEVER!!!!

Skeptic, contact me off forum, I'll give you the secret recipe because you're from CA. We use this recipe for our local competitions and don't want anyone getting the upper-hand at Camporees.

Also, to go with your chocolate chili, it needs to be served up with a hot cup of hot-hot cocoa. Another special cocoa recipe with chili powder in it. My boys love it! Chocoloate chili doesn't surprise me one bit!

Stosh

JoeBob said "Haven't seen hide nor hair of 'Pinkpooj' lately.

I guess his hemorrhoids quit leakin'.

(That was the basis for his screen name, wasn't it?)"

Did you have to lower the tone of the conversation? :)