Goodbye -

Ive tried to do this twice before, but failed. At about the 700 post mark and the 1000 post mark, I gave grandiose speeches that enough was enough, and concluded with Im out of here. Now, having reached 2000 posts and nearly five years of membership (April 26, 2001) on this forum, I have to say enough is enough and Im out of here.

I think this time it will stickIf for no other reason, I couldnt stand creeping back in here again, just to demonstrate my total lack of discipline. If you dont know who I am and what I believe by now, then my communications skills are sorely lacking. Truly, for those who disagree with me, theres no point in pounding my head against the wall. For those who agree, theres no point in me telling you something that you already know.

Its been a pleasure to post to this forum (most of the time). There are numerous folks on this board who are more than the sum of their badges (so to speak) and I've enjoyed debating with you. Some debates turned a little ugly and I probably was not completely innocent from causing some of those occurrences. Regardless, I can honestly say Ive grown to like most of you, including some folks who steadfastly opposed my views.

Honestly, five years is way too long to be posting on the Internet like this. In that time, Ive changed jobs, seen all three of my sons become Eagle Scouts, had two sons graduate from HS, had one graduate from college and get married, and seen my daughter learn to walk, talk, run, and talk back. I think its time to turn my attention to something else.

Grace and Peace to you and your family,

Mike (a.k.a. Rooster7)

I will miss you. It's always good to have a Brother in Christ in these forums & I have always considered you that.

Peace, Mike. A blessed Easter to you & yours.

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Rooster - say it ain't so! Please let us cajole you to stay!!!

Regardless of your ultimate decision, please know that I, for one, have honestly enjoyed your throughtful, articulate posts. I haven't always agreed with you (hey, we HAVE agreed now and then!) but I have grown to respect your steadfastness. Hundreds of posts downsteam, I can truthfully say that I WOULD enjoy enjoy knowing you in real life (...and I deeply regret my childlish rudeness a long time ago when I called you a name...).

For me the bottom line is this: I am 100% positive that your three Eagle Scout sons are fine young men, due to your steady influence and love. My best wishes for your post-forum endeavors.

-Trevorum

Rooster7,

I am sorry you feel the need to seperate your beliefs, knowledge and opinions from these forums. I don't know if trying to convince you to hold off "burning any bridges" is the right thing to do, if you need to leave to have peace then you should leave. You added to these forums more than you probably realize, you will be missed.

LongHaul

Good luck Rooster. I hope you'll decided to come back again. As one who tends to stay away from the political fray, I often find myself in silent agreement with your posts. And, on those times when I don't agree with you, I find myself at least admiring your conviction.

God Bless you and yours.

Adios Rooster, in the end I think we agreed about more than we disagreed about.

I for one often think I spend way too much time on this board, but then again, I'm the best read scouter in my troop on issues brought up here. Other committee members say "How do you know so much about this?" The diverse opinions and comments from all corners really helps put things in perspective. I think my time spent here pays dividends in the troop.

I agree with GB

I spend much more time reading here than posting and have learned a great deal. Rooster your input to the discussions on Scouting will be missed and are a loss to this group.

But I undertand that it can be come an obsession. :)

God Bless and Keep, and Happy Trails,

ronvo

Rooster,

I hate to see you leave. I'm not sure how the length of time posting here translates into something bad. We all go to work everyday and don't consider that a bad thing. Maybe a refocus would help. I've noticed that you seldom if ever post outside of the Issues & Politics forum. That would wear anybody out in fairly short order. How about sticking around and discussing things like the patrol method, summer camps, recruitment, gear, etc. It might be good for the soul. God bless you in wherever and whatever you do.

I'm still getting over Bob White not being with us, wondering how Uncle Guinea is doing and now you are going.

It's a sad, sad, mad world.

I know we have had our moments, but I hope we never crossed the line.

I don't have to agree with you to respect you.

Still if you must go, as my priest says most Sundays:

"Go in peace to love and serve the Lord"

Eamonn.

Man, offline for a couple days and I get back to find that one of our more eloquent posters has left. I hear ya all too well on the debate issues, I've participated in them on 9 or 10 different boards that I can think of offhand, and the result is the same on all of them: People come with the intent of convincing the other side, and not with the intent of seeking enlightenment. Maybe one of these days someone will get it right.

Either way though, the important thing is that you're doing what you're called to do. Hope you enjoy life off the boards, but don't be afraid to pop in every now and then just to say hi to all your friends here, eh? hehehe...