My son's Eagle Court of Honor was last sunday, April 21. Had a bagpiper (who is in the Venture Crew) do Scouting Thunder (Scotland the Brave) as an Intro and Amazing Grace as the recessional. She was dressed in traditional bagpier garb, except she wore her Venture Uniform shirt. One bagpipe certainly filled the chuch with sound (I hesitate to call it music)

We did a combination of the "Light the Trail of the Eagle" and "The Challenge" ceremonies.

The first "Challenger" was so effective a nearby ASM almost tackled him while he was speaking, thought the scout was disrupting things, he didnt realize it was part of the ceremony until later.

My boy has overcome a lot, he is ADD, dyslexic, and has to cath a stoma to urinate and must sleep with a drainage bag attached to his stoma.

He was SPL and now is a JASM, I am just so proud of him, he cant stand it. OK, I got it out and I will contain myself from here on out...

Congratulations to your son, you, and your family. The Scots have made more than their share of contributions to Western Civilization (Hume, Adam Smith, etc.) but you have to wonder about a people who consider bagpipes to be musical instruments and Haggis to be food for humans.

Well done to both the old 'grey' and the young Eagle. What do you mean 'he finally made it'? It would seem obvious that the courage and commitment we've seen in your posts is a family thing.