Summer Camp and OA

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeeeck! It is Brianbuf! Run for the hills!!!!!

Jambo, you're posts are odd at best.

I have met Packsaddle, I exchange numerous emails with ASM915, Local1400, patch trading too with Local, some email with John-in-KC and Beavah and some PM's with other members, sorry if I left anyone out.

I'd like to meet most of the folks who regularly post here.

At the risk of seeming unkind, I don't intend to though, I find your posts kooky.

John-in-KC,

Sorta but brianbuf only cared about the uniforms & cool rad stuff! Jambo actually seems to have an understanding of the program! The use of BSA,Inc. is interesting since in another thread, someone referred to one of the pros in their council using BSA, Inc! Could be the same person or at least maybe the same council!

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

While this is a huge country and I haven't been evreywhere as yet, I do find it odd that Jambo has known a Troop that had a bus and was told by the exec that according to Boy Scouts that could not be so, when I do know many troops that have a bus. I also find it odd that Jambo knows of an OA Chapter that was so successful that they also had a bus, amoung various other assets I have never heard of an OA Chapter owning, that was ultimately taken away from the Chapter because the Chapter was too sucessful, not because it was against the Bylaws of the BSA.

Now, could the above be true? I can't say it is not as I know nothing of the situations, but they do seem very odd

(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

Jambo reminds you of Brianbuf? To me, it was much more reminiscent of Juris. Wacky posts, seemingly contrived grammar, an almost hard to believe set of Scouting experiences, an interesting way of addressing other posters ("Lisa & Bob"??), and an attitude - well, you can categorize that yourself.

Now, it's clearly not enough data to draw any conclusions, and jambo, assuming you're listening, if everything you say is truly authentic, then there's no problem.

But man, these posts take me back...

Beaver, and all our other participants:

I noticed that you are very popular, in disseminating your wisdom , as you see it. That is great, we sometimes need a point of view from two sides of the issue.

That was a bit funny, the way you explained the " resurrecting" of the dead threats. I would even go further," we need to wake up some of them , and stimulate them into some objective and subjective controversy. ?, This is great , to have this " Scouter forum ', ... where one has a chance to voice ones opinion, without being censored, nor asked to leave. Scouting needs this type of dialog, so we can hear , what some of us old timers, have to say on some of the subjects in this debate. Our time on this wonderful world of Scouting , is limited...so let us say it ,and depart with council fire smoke, into the sky.

Thanks for pointing out this "date" concern, I will try to look at it more carefully. Here is to Scouting, jambo-www