X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying about girlfriends

Over the years, I have often heard jokes like "...the only things scouts lie about is having girlfriends" from non-scout acquaintances. "Yeah yuck, yuck, not true!"

Enter Eagle Scout, Notre Dame football player, and Heisman Trophy candidate Manti Te'O with the tragic story of the death of his non-existent girlfriend Lennay Kekua.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/17/fenno-manti-teo-girlfriend-story-a-wild-ghost-chas/

Bizarre and why? Did he want added sympathy in hopes of winning Heisman?

The good news; people and the embarrassed sports media are more interested in Lying Lance who makes Bill Clinton seem like a boy scout.

Another $0.01 for still being grumpy

Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy

F.Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

There is the possibility however unlikely that the girlfriend was a hoax by people trying to take advantage of the guy. Not likely, not unheard of. There's a movie/documentary called "Catfish" I think.. People fall for online love scams all the time. I still think he made her up, but the jury is still out on it.

Comment

Hunger.

Poverty.

Pollution.

Mass Shootings at schools/shopping centers.

Immigration.

National debt.

The nation is seemingly consumed about the personal ethics of a football player and a cyclist.

( Cynicism_mode )

Bread and circuses, anyone?

( / cynicism_mode )

Comment

Appears the guy made it all up. Sad.

Comment

John, nothing truer will be said on this forum all day.

Comment

I am giving him the benefit of doubt. I got pulled in on a scam similar to this when I was looking for love. This guy said the right things, knew what to talk about. Well, when I started to date my other half, he got all weird. There were several alarms that went off, and after six months, I ended it. Now, with Mante being very busy with his studies and football schedule, I can see where he would be vulnerable. LOL, maybe this is something to add for the Cyber Chip .

The guys who made the "Catfish" movie now have a series on MTV. Since I enjoyed the movie I actually started to watch the series. Boy, these days the kids really can twist things around. There was a girl posing as a guy to get back at this girl for seeing her boyfriend. There was a gay guy posing as a girl because he liked talking to guys. Many strange things on that show.

Comment

Well Now there seems to be more to the Story...

Seems there was really a "Girl" involved...
                And she says she says she lied to him about her Death to protect herself from Drug Dealers

I am guessing this was not a perfect "Eharmony" romance or a "Match".com made in heaven after all...

Comment

Working...
                X