Right Time - Wrong Service.

Have just returned from a OA weekend.

I don't get to go too as many as I would like. But this weekend OJ, my son was being installed as PVC. So I managed to get away for the weekend.

Have to admit that I really do enjoy these weekends.While we do get a fair amount of work done, there is still ample time for shooting the breeze and good natured leg pulling.

This weekend we bused some of the Ordeal members to our other campsite and set them to work clearing bush and tidying the place up.

One little fellow caught my eye, he was the only non-white lad there.

We do not have a very diverse population. This little fellow had been adopted from somewhere in South America.

He was like a Timex watch, he just kept working and working. Even after lunch, when the others were starting to slack off this little chap kept up the pace.

We bused them all back to camp. I didn't see anything more of him till Mass.

He was there. I kind of got the idea that he didn't know what he was doing. The other lads from his troop were directing him. But I paid no never mind.

At breakfast this morning, he came and sat at the table where I was.

I told him that I thought that he had worked really hard yesterday and that he had done a good job.

We chatted for a while.

He said that he had gone to the catholic services last night. I said that I'd seen him.

He went on to say that he wasn't catholic, but wanted to know what the other service was.

I asked if he meant the Protestant sevices?

He looked a bit puzzled and "No, I'm a Methodist"

I said that I felt sure that the Protestants would have fit him in.

He said "But I drunk wine, my Mom is going to kill me!!"

Please don't turn this into a religious debate it is just a cute story about a real nice kid.

Great Story! lol

Reminds me of the time in a Webelos meeting when I explained that the Webelos religious requirement was to be done at home and said something about based on what religion your family is. One boy went "oh,oh,oh, I know, I know what religion we are, We are Democrats!!!"

His mother about crawled under the table.

LOL

Which reminds me that my father-in-law "swears" that he thought "damned democrats" was one word until he got to college. (He was raised in Thos. Dewey's hometown!) Again just a cute story... "Write it down!"

Bob

Which reminds me that my father-in-law "swears" that he thought "damned democrats" was one word until he got to college. (He was raised in Thos. Dewey's hometown!) Again just a cute story... "Write it down!"

Bob

• 2 weeks later...