National Talk Like a Pirate Day

This has been a fun day so far. Scared wife this morning, she thought I was insane...I know what you're thinking, don't say it. Then the frightened looks on the classes...priceless. But once I had informed them of this very important day, we had a few minutes of unencumbered fun. What I'd really like to do sometime is an entire lecture in 'valley girl'. But that's going to take a LOT of practice.

This thread was brought to you by the letter Ahhhhrrrrr...

One year my son decided to play a little trick on me on Talk Like a Pirate Day, which I did not know existed up till that point. Got home from work, ate dinner, went on the Internet to check some things (with my son paying more attention to what I was doing than usual, though I didn't realize it at the time), and suddenly every web site was in pirate language. It took me a little while before I figured out that this was not the Internet's doing, but my son's. (Apparently there is some browser add-in which makes your computer "talk" like a pirate, in other words my son installed what I would basically call a virus on our computer, but it was easily turned off.)

There is more than one reason why I am happy he is now in college. :)