• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email forwarded to another list that said this and they were looking for his replacement. There is a list of a about a half dozen or so execs they are looking as candidates for his replacement.

For me, it will depend on how his replacement operates.

Be careful what you wish for Dept...

(1) Why is he leaving? I hope it is just time to move on and not that we have something about to blow up?

(2) Bob is not all bad. Could the next guy be worst?

I really, really hope BSA drops the "Be Prepared. For Life."

I agree with TampaTurtle, I hope there are no new surprises waiting to be launched as well.

OGE you may be right about KUDU let him bring Hillcourt scouting and Bill's strong outdoor program back to the BSA, now is the time.

Although I have not personally agreed with all the changes Mazzuca has made, especially the uniforms being made in Asia, he was my boss when I was a DE and I enjoyed working with the guy back then.

So he will have been in the job a few months short of five years, assuming Wikipedia is correct. That doesn't seem very long. Does anyone know how that tenure compares to the last few CSE's? On the other hand, he is 65, so this isn't really an "early retirement." Maybe they should pick someone a little younger this time.

Anyway, I wish him well. I think he does get more flak than he deserves from a couple of members of this forum.

So what's your favorite Scoutcraft Bashing quote by Robert Mazzuca?

Robert Mazzuca: "Did you know that there was a time when to be a First Class Scout--you guys didn't know this I bet--did you guys have to learn how to catch a runaway horse to be a First Class Scout? When was the last time you saw a runaway horse?"

Audience response: "Tuesday"

Robert Mazzuca: "Tuesday? Whoa! OK. Oh, that's right! This is Amish country, isn't it? So what do we mean by being 'Prepared. For Life'? Obviously we don't have to learn how to catch a runaway horse anymore. That's not an important skill!"

http://inquiry.net/leadership/sitting_side_by_side_with_adults.htm

Obviously.

Doesn't time fly.

It seems just like the other day when he got the job.

I'm not sure if five years is really long enough in a job as to have much of an impact?

The Summit Bechtel Reserve is what I'll remember him for.

I was hoping that he would be able to really turn the declines that we have seen in membership around. But that very well might take a lot longer than five years.

Ea.