Alright, so we've had threads before about what you do for a living.

So, what would you do if you could work in any job you wanted to?

I'll start...

First, I'd be an Army RANGER because everyone knows how cool they are;) Ridin' around in helos, shootin' rifles, etc

Also, I'd like to be a web developer, but I'd have to do more than just that. I like to be active so sitting in an office wouldnt be much fun to me.

Third, I want to play professional baseball. Who wouldnt? Big bucks, playing "God's Game", travelling, etc

Finally, I would like to be a police officer or sheriff deputy in a small town/county like I live in.

My dream job is to be a novelist and actually publish the series I began in college.

I've got a 55,000 word fantasy novel in my closet that I wrote in college on an old IBM Selectric typewriter that I want to polish and the outlines for a few more novels that lie un-witten in the box.

I'll start that as a second career when I retire in 18 years.

Unc.

Hey -- Michener started late, why can't I?

UG

Id like to be a TV Weatherman.

I know of no other job where you can be so wrong so often, and continue to get paid for it. As my friends are fond of hearing me say.... I want that job!

Ive always had a fascination with Photography. Through the years Ive often toyed with the idea of doing it as full time job. But Ive been very fortunate because as a (very) part timer and amateur I been invited to photograph some great people including a sitting First Lady, and some Hollywood types.

So my hobby continues to be a hobby and I continue to get enjoyment from it. I wonder if that would be true if it became a full time job?

I've been blessed to have already worked my dream job before a working a second one. When I was about 25, I was activitely helping to recruit a new counselor and director for an organization I volunteered for. In helping to draft the job description as a volunteer board member, in helping with public relations and recruiting and fundraising, in helping train others, I discovered that this was *the* job for me...in about 10 years, after I had gained more experience and perhaps a degree. I set out to do this. I received a call to stop by the office. I was offered the job. It seemed that I was already pegged by many as the ideal candidate, so I took the job, loved it, and left it only when I was pregnant with our first son. It was a wonderful feeling leaving one dream behind, fulfilled, to begin another. Other dreams I have, that I haven't shared a lot, are to be an artist, writer, and photographer. I've been asked to do each, but I found that I as I focused on them as a "job", I didn't enjoy them as much. Therefore, they remain hobbies for now, though I am hoping to combine my drawings and story in a book for children...when I have time to devote to it. One photo has been published in two books, and I'm pleased with that. One thing I've come to realize: my dreams have never earned me and never will earn me much money.

There is a travel show on PBS, I think it is Globe Trekker. I want the presenters job.

Many years back Dave Allen, the Irish comedian did a series on Eccentrics, in fact he did two one on English Eccentrics and one on American Eccentrics, he was really good. He didn't make fun of them he just let them show what they did. I kind of like the idea of doing something like that. Or maybe do something like Alistair Cooke and "Letter From America".

I really enjoy listening to the radio and do have Public Radio on a lot. They do a good job of Magazine shows, still there is a need for more non-political radio talk shows. Something along the lines of Charlie Rose, but maybe a little more light hearted. I have a very long list of people that I would like to have a conversation with. Not just those who are doing the rounds promoting a new movie, but people who for one reason or another are just interesting on the list I have: Eric Idle (Heck make it the entire MP team.) Tom Hanks,Dustin Hoffman,Bob Dole and Elizabeth Dole,Peter Applebome,Ben Roethlisberger,Joe Paterno. The list is almost endless.

Eamonn

OK, this is going to come across like a boast but I often think about this. I can't think of a realistic situation for a career that I would like more than the one I'm in now. Every day I thank my lucky stars...and the 95% perspiration that went with them.

When people ask me how I got started in my career (which appears quite glamorous to those who don't actually know any better), I sometimes tell them I stood in the wrong line my first week in college ...

Seriously, If I could do it over I would like to be able to contribute to 21st century genetic research. I think we are on the cusp of a revolution that will prove to be more profound than the invention of the printing press or the discovery of electricity.

I have dreamed of authoring my own book of nature photographs, designed in a type of an active holographic format and accompanied by my own original poetry and music. Each page would bring new vistas to the reader like a setting sun in the mountains or quiet times by the ocean. The poetry and the music would be ideal to each setting and compatible with each other with volume controls. The images could be viewed in any level light or adjusted by the reader for that particular image. The book would be relatively small and lightweight. It could be opened up on a coffee table as a display to show images, such as water falling from a mountain into a stream below and then flowing off into the distance or increased in size to fill a room of any size. The pages would turn automatically at the end of each poem or could be left open to one page to listen to the music and enjoy the atmosphere or the music could be turned off for quiet meditation in a far away land. A person could also read their favorite book by the sights and sounds of a running stream.

This, of course, would be volume one of several proposed "book" series in my dream job. I would also own the copyright and as money poured in, I would hire scientists to extend the process and develop similar ideas. I would also hire artists to make other products and works.

I would also hire NASA to shoot a huge telescope to the dark side of the moon for permanent installation. It might be possible to view images so far in the past that it would reveal the beginning of time or the very edges of the universe or just a few unknown planets and galaxies. Using the holographic techniques developed earlier, astronomical books could then be revised and updated to make viewing the universe a wholly different experience by a reader.

This would then release me for the evenings to continue with Scouting but on a grander scale.

FB

Pediatrician. Came close but got detoured big time in college. Tried again to take MCAT and applied to medical school 8 years ago at the young age of 32. A rude medical school admission officer got me ticked off to the point that I vowed not to try again! I settled down to be another IT guy.

Why a doctor? Not for the money, but for the feeling, the ability, and knowledge of helping another. Hmmm ... maybe that's why I'm stuck in this thing called BSA!

If Santa were to bring me a winning lottery ticket, I would consider try it again at 40!

1Hour

Although it isn't a glamorous job, and maybe not a DREAM job, I have to say my job is pretty sweet. I work in the life sciences field as a writer. What's great about my job is that I am always learning new things. The job never gets old or boring. It also allows for a lot of flexibility.

My dream job would definitely be something exciting with an element of danger. War photojournalist? CIA spy? Of course, that couldn't happen until after all of my kids are done with college and are no longer dependent on me!