Chapter 11 announced - Part 11 - Judge's Opinion

1 hour ago, MYCVAStory said:

Yeah....the cringy moment of the day was when one of the attorneys lightheartedly mentioned to the Judge that the proceeding's complexity and reminder of past hearings might be "TRIGGERING" to her.

That was the Guam Committee's attorney and he said it with something bordering on glee, like boys joking in the locker room. I honestly thought the Judge would bodycheck him. I almost went live to chastise all of them for letting it pass without comment. A very tasteless and reprehensible attempt at an inside joke. 

PS - For those who were on the hearing, is anyone able to confirm that for me? I'm 99% sure and you know where that puts me. Tanks, as opposed to Tanc's.

Edited by ThenNow
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have nothing to say that is worthy of much attention, other than I am SOOO VERY grateful for Eagle1993 and his excellent reverse engineering of this opinion, and other such. I, for one, am indebted

Final plan & exhibits were uploaded last night.  Century supports the updates; however, we may see some fireworks with Guam and possibly the judge.   3b0d7c7a-ca0e-4eab-ad84-f43950dc2b65_1029

A flurry of action today: - The Judge approved the BSA/GSUSA agreement to stop suing each other: cd5eb23c-6a2c-4c70-a015-dc989fbfd257_10193.pdf (omniagentsolutions.com) - The US Trustee/DOJ

Posted Images

Letter from The Honorable Judge Silverstein re: language for paragraph 51(b) Filed by . (CMB)

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/07463674-d994-4157-8aa6-809221601f3c_10304.pdf

The judge asked both the non settling insurers and BSA to submit their own versions of a section of a plan.  She said she would pick her favorite.  Here you can see she replied.

Now just waiting on plan approval.

Once approved, BSA will quickly move to District court.  So, the saga will go on.  It will be interesting if anyone outside non settling insurers keeps up the fight. 

Edited by Eagle1993
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Now we should prepare for the next tsumami of dark birds and over reach.  JMHO.  Just want to move on and let the program return to the precepts on which it has most functioned for over a century.  Understand that it is not a perfect program, and never has been.  It is made of the ideas from the wider society, and is dependent on that society to make it work.  When the darker elments of society are allowed access, negative things can occur.  Vigilance and response under the rules and protections are a constant part of all of us if we want to make it work, keeping in mind that awareness is important, and following up if there are concerns, no matter who is part of that concern, is the ONLY right way.  

1 hour ago, SNEScouter said:

It's done. 

Nothing is “done.” The bankruptcy Judge signed the confirmation order. It’s a first down, not a touchdown. More courts, appeals, and for survivors (assuming all that goes well) years of fun with Judge Houser. Miles to go. If it’s determined the 2nd and 3rd Circuits are at loggerheads on non-consensual third-party releases, we may be sitting with the Supremes. I can’t count chickens. I’m still hunting eggs in the tall grass. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

Nothing is “done.” The bankruptcy Judge signed the confirmation order.

That is all I meant to imply - that the confirmation order is signed.  I'll defer to others about where we go from here, but clearly a new phase of the proceedings is before us.  Almost time for a new thread....

• Upvote 1