12 hours ago, RandomScouter said:

want need to thank you.  By speaking up here, you have put a (virtual) face on the issue.  By sharing some of the stories of your abuse, you have made it feel real in ways that "numbers" can't.  By opening up about the struggles you have faced as a result of the abuse, you have exposed raw truths which many of us have probably never even considered.

I am terribly sorry it happened to you.  But I am grateful you are here. now. at the virtual campfire. with other scouters.  I have learned a lot from you.

I especially want to say these things to @ThenNow.  You have given me a lot to think about in terms of how I look at this whole process. 

(I still want my kids in Scouting, I still love the program, I still want the good things to continue.)

I hope, I pray, that at the end of the day, the pain and difficulties you have gone through in filing claims and trudging through the bankruptcy process will somehow have been "worth it" in your eyes.

Thank you. I am not afraid to say this made me cry. In addition to the DMs I've received and some of affirming commentary,  this makes the effort to stand in amid the cyclic barrage(s) worth it. Again, you have my gratitude.

• Like 1

Would you consider reposting this on the main Chapter 11 Part 175 thread? Well, Part 3, but...Please feel invited to edit the mention of me, as I'm asking so all survivors who visit that thread will see it and no other reason. Your call, of course. Many may not find it here. Thanks, again.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, johnsch322 said:

I reached out today to my health care providor to get me help.

Thank you for posting. Truly. This is the best thing I've heard in a while and it has boosted my flagging spirit! You have made a brave move and, though I don't know you, I'm proud of you. I most sincerely hope for additional healing and forward progress. "Baby steps" and "Just for today," as they say.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ThenNow said:

Would you consider reposting this on the main Chapter 11 Part 175 thread?

It would likely get lost in that thread, especially in the next few days. 

If I could I'd set up a sub thread for everything related to the bankruptcy to keep some of the many subjects cohesive, but I don't have those powers.

2 minutes ago, MattR said:

If I could I'd set up a sub thread for everything related to the bankruptcy to keep some of the many subjects cohesive, but I don't have those powers.

Very good point. Hm. Hopefully others will continue to be attracted to the thread title and venture in. I really hope so bc it's one of the most gracious and humble posts supporting us I've seen over these months. 

1 hour ago, ThenNow said:

Hopefully others will continue to be attracted to the thread title and venture in.

I'm assuming it would help survivors when they're ready to talk, to whatever level they're comfortable with. You were the first to have the courage to speak up and there have been a few more since.

We can pin the thread so it stays visible when people look through the forums. Just let me know if you think that would help.

41 minutes ago, MattR said:

I'm assuming it would help survivors when they're ready to talk, to whatever level they're comfortable with. You were the first to have the courage to speak up and there have been a few more since.

We can pin the thread so it stays visible when people look through the forums. Just let me know if you think that would help.

I believe you're correct in your assumption and think that's a great idea. That said, I have no idea what a pin is. Is it the digital version of an old school bulletin board thumbtack with which we would put notices in the hallway? 

He just means the topic will always be visible at the top of the forum, and new posts won't bump it down.

Matt, I do think that'd be a good idea.  I think that the survivors should have a resource like this on here, where they can at least come and speak with one another.  It might well help them heal.

• Thanks 1

I think this would be a great idea.  I have been searching for a forum were I could converse and talk about what I am feeling with other survivors.  Most of us don't really no anyone else in our situation. 

• Upvote 2
  • MattR pinned this topic

Okay, it's pinned.

@ThenNow, If you go to the home page you'll see that the forum is composed of numerous sub forums. This thread is in the issues and politics sub forum (why, I don't know but it is). Anyway, if you click on the I&p sub forum there is a list of threads sorted by last mod date, except for those pinned, which are kept at the top of the list.

If anyone wants to connect more "personally" regarding the victim/survivor/claimant perspective, please feel free to DM me. That's an open invite to survivors and non-survivors. Not looking for sabre rattle, though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 8 months later...