Adult leader accused of sexually harassing female parents

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It must be nice to have the luxury to fret over a “might try” of anything. But since you asked ... Your committee chair does not have to let anybody sign on as an adult leader to his committee. If y

Not really. The standard is "Who is going to contribute the most to den life?" A mom with a negative experience (in her mind), but willing to give a different pack a try, or. A "might-jo

EXACTLY! This is LITERALLY what they say during the YPT video: is it NOT your job to play investigator. It is your duty to report and let BSA handle it. I really, really do not understand wh

55 minutes ago, qwazse said:

@Armymutt, unfortunately, as clear cut as this is to you and me, this is not necessarily a YP issue.

Are you kidding?

Guide to Safe Scouting is crystal clear. Youth Protection and Adult Leadership

Sexual activity is prohibited.

Having threesomes at a Scouting event is explicitly, unequivocally a Youth Protection issue.

It is also explicitly a violation of the Scouter Code of Conduct

I will not discuss or engage in any form of sexual conduct while engaged in Scouting activities.

Again, let's be clear here: @Armymutt is claiming that

On 4/28/2021 at 10:44 AM, Armymutt said:

The individual, who is married, was proposing a three-some with the consent of his wife on camping trips. 

Society has made propositioning for this thing not fall under "sexual activity/discourse." This might be unacceptable in your your scouter-verse, and for good reason. But if a complaint went up the chain, this guy probably argued  a "I didn't realize that's what they meant ..." clash-of-culture defense.

Bottom line: if youth didn't observe it, you'll be hard-pressed to call it a YP issue.

• Downvote 1
21 minutes ago, qwazse said:

Society has made propositioning for this thing not fall under "sexual activity/discourse." This might be unacceptable in your your scouter-verse, and for good reason. But if a complaint went up the chain, this guy probably argued  a "I didn't realize that's what they meant ..." clash-of-culture defense.

Bottom line: if youth didn't observe it, you'll be hard-pressed to call it a YP issue.

The scouter code of conduct clearly states you will not engage in harassment and nowhere does it specify or infer that is limited to youth. Nowhere in that document does it state that the harassment, or any other conduct requirements such as possession of alcohol or political or social advocacy, has to be observed by youth to be reportable. 

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, qwazse said:

What on earth are you talking about? Proposition someone for a threesome is most certainly "sexual activity/discourse".

I don't know how much clearer this needs to be for you.

I will not discuss or engage in any form of sexual conduct while engaged in Scouting activities.

and

Sexual activity is prohibited.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, qwazse said:

But it is not our duty to make this determination. It is our duty to report it, and let those who are tasked with investigating do their job.

• Upvote 1
Just now, DuctTape said:

But it is not our duty to make this determination. It is our duty to report it, and let those who are tasked with investigating do their job.

EXACTLY!

This is LITERALLY what they say during the YPT video: is it NOT your job to play investigator. It is your duty to report and let BSA handle it.

I really, really do not understand why people are trying to defend/protect this behavior. I really don't.

• Upvote 2