Will your scout wear a uniform to school on Oct 16?

Our Pack has done "Pack Pride Day" in the spring, wearing Class B t-shirts to school, but mostly as a recruitment tool.

I could see this being done in Class Bs, but wearing the full uniform to school can be tough for kids. I know they should be proud to be scouts, and most are, but wearing the uniform in school rarely has the intended effect. Unfortunately it invites more criticism than compliments.

I wouldn't even ask my son to do it. But ClassB he's ok with. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah! An Oklahoma fan. Well said. Barry

Nobody will, especially because nobody has heard about this. Of course, few people have heard of scout me in. Just to totally change this thread, how is advertising money spent in the BSA? I neve

While the idea would at one time likely been helpful, today, as someone else pointed out, would likely just draw the bullies to the scout.  And we do not need more reasons for boys to shy away from th

Posted Images

Seems to me that for such an effort to be taken seriously by Scouts, that all of us Scouters need to wear our uniform to work too. Clearly, some people will not be able to do so because of their job requires a uniform or special clothing. I have worn my uniform on rounds at the hospital many times on Scout Sunday with positive responses from my patients, colleagues, and staff. 

If we as volunteers cannot bring ourselves to represent Scouting, then it is hard to expect our Scouts to do so.

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, desertrat77 said:

John, when hasn't it? :)

When they used to regularly come to CU, where I was, and just kick the tar out of us. Them and Nebraska. Those days taught me the benefit of having the outdoors as a passion. Yep, pain can be a good lesson.

• Upvote 1