Alcohol policy for adults on camping trips?

The Boy Scouts of America prohibits the use of alcoholic beverages and controlled substances at encampments or activities on property owned and/or operated by the Boy Scouts of America, or at any activity involving participation of youth members.

Looky here......found it.......what about cooking wine? Can you cook with it? hahaha Just kidding.

Ignoring the title of the thread, I'll answer the actual question in the first post:

If adults want to drink Kool Aid on a campout, it is perfectly accceptable. That is, if you're referring to Kool Aid that is comprised of flavor, sugar and water -- the brand name.

It's even okay if they want to drink Hi C or any other drink allowed for sale to 12 year olds.

Unc.

Jason:

I laughed. I read the original question. I use the title of the thread to determine whether the topic catches my interest or not. But I always read the original quesiton and attempt to answer it.

I prefer peach Kool Aid, if I have to drink the stuff. Generally, I don't have to drink the stuff, so I don't even know if they still make it.

Unc.

Ignoring the title of the thread, I'll answer the actual question in the first post:

If adults want to drink Kool Aid on a campout, it is perfectly accceptable. That is, if you're referring to Kool Aid that is comprised of flavor, sugar and water -- the brand name.

It's even okay if they want to drink Hi C or any other drink allowed for sale to 12 year olds.

Unc.

A few years back we loaded up the old car with a few crates of Guinness, a few crates of Fosters Lager, threw in a couple of bottles of Jamison Whiskey.

We headed down the Boyne Valley to Knowth and spent the night fishing and telling tall tales. Around about noon the next day we made our way to Slane Castle where we had lunch with Lord Henry Mountcharles.

Not sure if this counts as a camping trip. There was no alcohol policy, however those drinking the Fosters were looked upon as not being real Irish. Heaven knows what abuse a Kool Aid drinker might have had to bear.

Needless to say this was not a Scout outing and was not on property owned by the BSA and all those who participated were above the legal drinking age.

Eamonn

Pilgram, with my steak, I like a real man's drink, Bugge Juicee.

Don't give me anything more or less. I have an image to live up to out here on the range. I like it in a tall glass with plenty of ice cubes.

And wipe that smirk off your face, Tenderfoot!

FB

When we go to summer camp, we get two baggies of bug juice mix per meal. We save one from each meal & Friday for dinner we mix it all together and have Troop 1 Punch! And a fine brew it is!

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10