LDS girl wants to be a scout - BSA or GSUSA

I don't doubt some LDS families will continue their Scouting journey in other non-LDS troops. The difficulty is that we have used Scouting as our activities program for young men; now that we will have our own activity program, Scouting would end up costing that family double the time, with two programs designed for the same purpose. Scouting will likely become redudant for our families because the goals Scouting is meant to accomplish will be met by the new programs as well.

Somebody mentioned that the "lucky" LDS members only have to go to 3 hours of meetings. Yet I pity those who only get three hours a week to share time with their fellow Latter-day Saints; for me there isn't enough time in the world to be with those you love. :happy:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The LDS Church is not just dropping Scouts, they are replacing them. BSA may get a slice of the pie short term as the young men try to finish Eagle.  Long term, I am afraid they will only get cru

His LDS granddaughter could always be a Scout. It's called Girl Scouts USA.   Yes - interesting. Not every LDS Scouter thinks as I do. Not every non-LDS Scouter thinks as you do.

Oh! A Yankees fan too. Yes, a lot of tripwires there. Barry