New Necker Colors

2 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

I think the pictures show that the uniforms look even goofier on little girls. I think when we go unisex new uniforms are going to have to roll out. We will probably end up looking more like our European cousins. But I think that will get pushed off until after World Jambo.

Personally I think that your cub uniforms look better than ours!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gentle Scouters:  Beside the BSA regulations and standards of advancement and rank,  You seem to forget that "All Scouting Is Local" I have known of Cub Packs who decided to end the madness. The

I understand BSA National is not very good at communicating.  But they are pretty good at acting in their own best interests, and you would think that something that could lead to a substantial increa

They look nice.  This is small stuff. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

I think the pictures show that the uniforms look even goofier on little girls. I think when we go unisex new uniforms are going to have to roll out. We will probably end up looking more like our European cousins. But I think that will get pushed off until after World Jambo.

I don't know, I don't think those uniforms look any "goofier" on the girls than they do on the boys.  Maybe its more that we aren't used to seeing girls wearing them, plus it almost looks like they went out of their way to make this photo look goofy, like the big bow the one girl is wearing.

And what's with that ladder behind them?

And maybe I'm wrong about this, but are the pants on the girl in the middle a different shade of blue than the others?  Or maybe it's just a different dye-lot.  I have seen slight differences in color before on BSA uniforms that should have been exactly the same.

8 minutes ago, Cambridgeskip said:

Personally I think that your cub uniforms look better than ours!

I think that could be a good thread: Scout uniforms from around the world: goofy or not goofy?

Not really a thing for me. I liked some of the 1970's Pier Cardin styling (berets and belt loops) but also like it when some of the boys wear the retro all green uniforms that make them look like park rangers. I got mixed feelings about the current one as have been re-hashed over and over on this site over the years.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, NJCubScouter said:

Yes, the obvious symbolism must have gone right past me.  :D

I hope it is under 4'. From the G2SS:

*Step stools, with one or two steps, are permissible for use by youth if the total height is 4 feet or less

"Cubs, someday when you are a Star Scout or Life Scout you will be allowed to use one of these ladder-thingies"

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

I hope it is under 4'. From the G2SS:

*Step stools, with one or two steps, are permissible for use by youth if the total height is 4 feet or less

"Cubs, someday when you are a Star Scout or Life Scout you will be allowed to use one of these ladder-thingies"

Well, the ladder is towering over the girls, even though it's further away from the camera, and the girls (assuming they are age 6) are most likely between 3.5 and 4 feet tall, so I think it's safe to say (safe, get it?) that only adults are using this particular ladder.  :D 

3 hours ago, NJCubScouter said:

Well, the ladder is towering over the girls, even though it's further away from the camera, and the girls (assuming they are age 6) are most likely between 3.5 and 4 feet tall, so I think it's safe to say (safe, get it?) that only adults are using this particular ladder.  :D 

You know with Bryan lurking about we gotta beat with the step ladder every once in a while. :) I once fell over a shovel at an Eagle Project so maybe, just sometimes, he might have a point.