Service Stars Transition from Youth to Adult

I have a question dealing with Service Stars.

When I was in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts I received service stars. Now that I am a Cubmaster I am earning them.

Do I just wear the one as a leader or do I also wear the one from my tenure as a scout?

I wish there was a book or resource of every award and an explanation of what they are and how you earn them. It seems like most scout offices do not know what half the items are and where they go on the uniform or if they can go on the uniform.

Thanks for any advice.

1)  WELCOME TO DA FORUMS!  (And yes, I am screaming at you at the top of my lungs like I would any new Cub Scout leader ;)  )

2)  Guide to Insignia and Awards is your answer,  http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide.aspx

3) Regarding stars, you got 2 options

OPTION  A. X Star on a CS yellow background for the X number of years as a Cub ( And if you have an old 1 year star on TC Orange background from when it was a separate program you can wear that OR add a year to the yellow background)

Y Star on a green BS background

AND a Z star on a leader blue background.

Option B Add X+Y+Z and wear that total on a blue background.

off topic, but since the question has been answered.....@@Krampus what's with that profile picture?  I must be an old and curmudgeon, but it just doesn't strike me as appropriate.... I've been trying to ignore it, but can't...... like seeing a scouter cursing or smoking in front of the boys, I've just gotta say something.

off topic, but since the question has been answered.....@@Krampus what's with that profile picture?  I must be an old and curmudgeon, but it just doesn't strike me as appropriate.... I've been trying to ignore it, but can't...... like seeing a scouter cursing or smoking in front of the boys, I've just gotta say something.

Are you oppressing my heritage?  ;)  

Krampus is a germanic (mostly Austrian or Tyrolian) figure that accompanied St. Nikolaus during their visit to children on Nikolaustag every December 6th. He's a horned figured that gives children switches and coal and reminds them to be good.

Are you oppressing my heritage?  ;)  

Krampus is a germanic (mostly Austrian or Tyrolian) figure that accompanied St. Nikolaus during their visit to children on Nikolaustag every December 6th. He's a horned figured that gives children switches and coal and reminds them to be good.

well there I go learning something today!

still just looks like satan to me! evil and inappropriate

I'll have to read that link when I get some time later..... 

well there I go learning something today!

still just looks like satan to me! evil and inappropriate

I'll have to read that link when I get some time later..... 

Hardly inappropriate. Satan has many forms. Didn't you see Omen III? Satan was an English school boy.

• Upvote 1

Well we know that there are those in our country that are offended by the US Flag as being a symbol of oppression and evil.  I guess my avatar is going to tick someone off.  My personal response to that is.... too bad, live with it, chill out, and most importantly of all... get a life.  How many Scout Laws did I break with that one?  And you thought a mentor pin or two was a big deal..... :)

• Upvote 1

Don't remind me about how easily folks get offended. Anyone hear about the girl who is suing her rescuer for rape? She said he touched her inappropriately and kissed doing CPR and she was not able to giver her consent.  Now I read that it was a joke on one website, but on another it was real. And with the way folks are nowadays, I could believe it.