Treasurer Stole From Toms River Boy Scouts

It's too bad we can't have someone in the troop receive instantaneous email notifications of all transactions. That would probably catch errors too.

You can tell I'm overwrought with ambivalence, eh Pack?

Edited by Twocubdad

Hmmm, if only there were some simple (2 signatures required) steps that a unit (no debit cards) could take (numbered duplicate receipts for cash) to help prevent (copy of bank statement mailed to CC) these kinds of things.

You can set most accounts to notify you for any transactions over a certain amount. Simply select that amount and you get your notification....to up to five email accounts. Bank of America.

Or maybe she was just heading down to Atlantic City and having a good time now and then. If she ever would win she would replace what she had taken. Right!!!

Yeah. "Your honor, no harm no foul." , and the judge quickly awards all winnings to the victim and a prison sentence to thief.

I have assumed that unit trailers are stolen with the most frequency, sadly maybe it is unit funds?   :( 

You can set most accounts to notify you for any transactions over a certain amount. Simply select that amount and you get your notification....to up to five email accounts. Bank of America.

Sorry, Wolfie, I should have included the little sarcasm emoticon on my post. That is exactly what we have, but there is not dollar amount limit. The treasure sees everything I charge to the troop credit card in real time. If there is a question, he calls me. Which is what happened in this instance and how my error was caught.

I don't believe "no harm, no foul" is a legal principle, but I believe "criminal intent" is. Perhaps JoiseyScouter can enlighten us.