A view of PC currently in our society

When we use someone's style (or lack thereof) as an excuse to discount everything they have to tell us, our words become bludgeons instead of ties that bind.

Here's an link that references the article in the OP:

"PC doesn’t so much liberalize our nation as divide it, and the divisions will only widen the louder and angrier the forces of political correctness become."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RedNeck in south Georgia referred to whites who worked the fields alongside 'darkies' (PC term would be African-Americans) and got sunburned on the backs of their necks. I did that for many summers in

TAHAWK, I'm with you on the PC requirements of a fair trial, but it sure complicates the future.   Let's say we have a Gay suing a Baptist, or vice versa. We obviously need 6 gay jurors and 6 Bap

LOL, I said 'try' after all....but then, you've never been on the receiving end of my 'dark side', lol.

So what do you think is the way to untie this Gordian knot?

We could judge people by their behavior rather than by some arbitrary classification.

(The only people living on the Pacific Plate are in Hawaii and other islands.)

(The only people living on the Pacific Plate are in Hawaii and other islands.)

Actually, not true. The San Andreus fault is the break of the North American plate as the Pacific pushed under. So there is a piece of the Continental plate that is riding on the ocean side of the break on top of the Pacific plate, slowly sliding northward an inch or so a year. So, technically, that part of California fell into the Pacific long ago and over time we never will see will be neighbors with Canada. On the other hand, since the piece is on top of the Pacific plate, I guess you could be right too, as those living there are not actually on the Pacific plate, but still on the broken piece of the continental one. Whatever, believe it or not, most of us in California are not completely wacko; but those that are cannot not easily be missed or ignored.

My irony meter just exploded.

Like every single person here, I do not make BSA policy. I don't even get one vote.

Like most here, I think Scouting, with all BSA's faults, is worth supporting.

Pretty much the same for the U.S.A. and its faults.

You see irony. That's you.