California supreme court bans judges from BSA due to discrimination

If you are not using "discrimination" to mean behavior that is unlawful, then I truly missed your point. The Unruh Act did not make the BSA's conduct unlawful because, the Court held, it did not apply to the BSA or such organizations.

I have no doubt that BSA ignores me. Makes me wonder why you come here to address the generally-ignored. Just what is your goal?

BSA probably does not ignore the WOSM and its acknowledgement of the atheism of certain religions.

Yes. Every single Buddhist and Jain in BSA is an self-acknowledged atheist, publically acknowledged as such by WOSM and has NOT been kicked out by BSA for their atheism. Indeed, BSA recognizes their religious awards. Does BSA say so in so many words? No. That behavior has been discussed in this forum. Does not change the facts,

(edited by Packsaddle)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started to respond to some of the comments, and then realized that it kind of misses the point to discuss how some outside group or institution is reacting to a policy I don't support in the first p

Merlyn ... You still trolling around here? Wow. I can't give you credit for much, but I will give you credit for endurance.     Fine line you are walking. Blanket exception for religi

Atheists, no. I know many very noble and heart felt atheists. And I would never insult the collective group.   Actually, I was being rude. I was making a personal comment toward you. That was wrong

If you are not using "discrimination" to mean behavior that is unlawful' date=' then I truly missed your point.[/quote']

You can't read. When I write "discrimination", I mean ""discrimination". If I mean unlawful discrimination, I write "unlawful discrimination".

Yes. Every single Buddhist and Jain in BSA is an self-acknowledged atheist' date=' publically acknowledged as such by WOSM and has NOT been kicked out by BSA for their atheism.[/quote']

Wrong. First, Jainism isn't atheistic -- Hemant Mehta writes the very popular Friendly Atheist blog, and he was raised a Jain, and no, it isn't atheistic, because he changed from that to atheism.

Second, you aren't required to be an atheist to be a Buddhist. It isn't a tenet.

So third, they aren't necessarily atheists.

And finally, the BSA has stated many, many times, including in court, that atheists can't be members of the BSA. They've never said that atheists who are also Buddhists, or Taoists, or Jewish, or anything else allows membership.