Local AHG Unit no more

So if I rent a move produced by MGM to show my cub pack' date=' does that mean the BSA has a partnership with MGM? [/quote']

No, because as far as I know you aren't Mr. Gates or Mr. Brock or a member of the National Committee. If Mr. Gates publically said we have a relationship with MGM, then I'd say yes, the BSA has a relationship. It wasn't a random leader in the video but rather the then CEO of the GSUSA.

Girl scouts groups (again individual units, councils and national) participate in activities (such as breast cancer walkathons, etc.) in conjunction with other groups, one of which has been Planned Parenthood. If that is a relationship or tie, then yes they do.

If my cub pack marches in the local 4th of July parade, and so does the Twinkle Toes Dance Academy, does that mean the BSA has a relationship or tie to that dance academy? Or that the BSA promotes dancing? If I take my cub den to a geology show put on by the local gem and mineral society (a totally cool show by the way), does that mean the BSA has a partnership with the local gem and mineral society? If my cub pack does a popcorn show and sale in front of the local Safeway (with the their permission of course), does that mean the BSA has a partnership with Safeway?

No again, unless you are Mr. Gates you don't get to speak for relationships the BSA has with other entities. Participating in events is very different than the then CEO saying specifically yes we have a relationship.

So maybe the GSUSA does have a relationship or partnership to Planned Parenthood' date=' if you use those definitions. [/quote']

It wasn't my definition or yours, it was the then CEO of GSUSA.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really. We just will not be happy until every last one of us gay.

No 'Skip, you are not alone.   The craziest politicians are the ones who dare promote balanced views and actually make their policies and priorities known to the public. They are up for drubbing f

Before we start writing the obituary of the GSA, let's put some numbers into perspective. These numbers come from the AP article that Time uses in it's story.

Yes, the Girl Scouts had a 6% drop in membership over last year. They've also dropped about 1 million members since 2003 and stand at about 2.8 million members. That is about a 27% loss since 2003.

But how does that compare to the Boy Scouts of America?

The BSA had a 6% drop in membership over last year (kind of spooky that the percentage drop matches the GSA, isn't it?) Theyve dropped about 800K members since 2002 - a percentage loss of about 24-25%. I'd say thats pretty closely tracking the trajectory of the Girl Scouts.

The BSA has an estimated 2.5 million members. The GSA has an estimated 2.8 million members - the GSA still has more members than us.

Surely the BSA membership numbers aren't dropping because of a relationship with Planned Parenthood. I suppose the BSA reduction could be the result of the controversy over gay scouts and scouters in the BSA, or maybe suburban moms concerned about school shootings have learned of the BSA's partnership with the NRA.

Given how closely the membership number drops seem to be tracking between both organizations, I'd suggest that the controversies over Planned Parenthood and gays in Boy Scouting are barely a blip in the cause and further suggest that the BSA and GSA are affected by the same societal forces that are affecting the membership numbers of organizations like Lions, Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.

From Bob Morris US representitive from Indiana ® " February 18' date=' 2012[/size'] Members of the Republic Caucus Dear Fellow Representatives: This past week I was asked to sign a House Resolution recognizing the 100th Anniversary of Girl Scouts of America. After talking to some well-informed constituents, I did a small amount of web-based research, and what I found is disturbing. The Girl Scouts of America and their worldwide partner, World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), have entered into a close strategic affiliation with Planned Parenthood. You will not find evidence of this on the GSA/WAGGGS websiteâ€â€in fact, the websites of these two organizations explicitly deny funding Planned Parenthood. Nonetheless, abundant evidence proves that the agenda of Planned Parenthood includes sexualizing young girls through the Girl Scouts, which is quickly becoming a tactical arm of Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood instructional series and pamphlets are part of the core curriculum at GSA training seminars. Denver Auxiliary Bishop James D. Conley of Denver last year warned parents that "membership in the Girl Scouts could carry the danger of making their daughters more receptive to the pro-abortion agenda." A Girl Scouts of America training program last year used the Planned Parenthood sex education pamphlet "Happy, Healthy, and Hot." The pamphlet instructs young girls not to think of sex as "just about vaginal or anal intercourse." "There is no right or wrong way to have sex. Just have fun, explore and be yourself!" it states. Although individual Girl Scout troops are not forced to follow this curriculum, many do. Liberal progressive troop-leaders will indoctrinate the girls in their troop according to the principles of Planned Parenthood, making Bishop Conley's warning true. Many parents are abandoning the Girl Scouts because they promote homosexual lifestyles. In fact, the Girl Scouts education seminar girls are directed to study the example of role models. Of the fifty role models listed, only three have a briefly-mentioned religious background – all the rest are feminists, lesbians, or Communists. World Net Daily, in a May 2009 article, states that Girl Scout Troops are no longer allowed to pray or sing traditional Christmas Carols. Boys who decide to claim a "transgender" or cross-dressing life-style are permitted to become a member of a Girl Scout troop, performing crafts with the girls and participate in overnight and camping activities – just like any real girl. The fact that the Honorary President of Girl Scouts of America is Michelle Obama, and the Obama's are radically pro-abortion and vigorously support the agenda of Planned Parenthood, should give each of us reason to pause before our individual or collective endorsement of the organization. As members of the Indiana House of Representatives, we must be wise before we use the credibility and respect of the "Peoples' House" to extend legitimacy to a radicalized organization. The Girl Scouts of America stand in a strong tradition that reflects with fidelity the traditional values of our homes and our families. The tradition extends from coast-to-coast and back through the past one hundred years. That said, I challenge each of you to examine these matters more closely before you extend your name and your reputation to endorse a group that has been subverted in the name of liberal progressive politics and the destruction of traditional American family values. I have two daughters who have been active in the Girl Scouts of Limberlost Council in Northeastern Indiana. Now that I am aware of the influence of Planned Parenthood within GSA and other surprisingly radical policies of GSA, my two daughters will instead become active in American Heritage Girls Little Flowers organization. In this traditional group they will learn about values and principles that will not confuse their conservative Hoosier upbringing. I have been told that, as of today, I am the only member not supporting the Girl Scout Resolution. I challenge each of you to examine these matters and to decide carefully whether or not to sign the resolution. Respectfully, Bob Morris"
One part of me is comforted by that quote. It's not just my country that has barking mad politicians. The other part of me is quite creeped out that actually all politicians might be the real McCoy nuts. That quote is truly priceless.

Yeah, thanks for that quote. At first I thought that maybe you had to sift through a pile of speeches by nutters and then I thought, no, he had to make up that stuff. BUT, that stuff from Morris is beyond description. Like Cambridgeskip noted, it's little comfort to learn that my state isn't the only one that seems to prefer nutters.

Wow' date=' in that last paragraph are those are actual quotes from someplace? If so I'd like to get the references because those are some great quotes. Alternatively, did you just make those up and put "quotation marks" around them for emphasis?[/quote']

Sorry if it wasn't clear. They are paraphrases of things I have read, not verbatim quotes. I should have made it explicitly clear that they weren't actual quotes. I didn't want to take the time to track down all the crazy stuff or take up the space to post large blocks of text. Unfortunately it really isn't that hard to track down lots of crazy stuff written about the girl scouts.

For example: "the GSUSA and Planned Parenthood are working together to promote promiscuity thereby creating clients for PP's abortion and STD services" is a paraphrase of the following quote (found here: http://www.wnd.com/2011/08/331473/).

CWA President Wendy Wright has documented the relationship between Girls Scouts and Planned Parenthood.

“These groups work together to steal children’s innocence and make them vulnerable to the negative consequences of promiscuity thereby creating clients for their abortion and STD services,†said Wright.

CWA stands for Concerned Women for America

... It's not just my country that has barking mad politicians. The other part of me is quite creeped out that actually all politicians might be the real McCoy nuts. ....

No 'Skip, you are not alone. :(

The craziest politicians are the ones who dare promote balanced views and actually make their policies and priorities known to the public. They are up for drubbing from all sides. It's better to go around drawing a picture of a radicalized world that needs to be saved so that you can paint yourself as its savior without actually saving anything.

Bottom line: girls aren't being trained in promiscuity through their scouting program. Teen cable channels and streaming video are doing that for us. But, many scouts aren't being trained to "unplug," live in our great land like a pioneer for a day or two every month or so, and use that experience to make them strong and good.

• Upvote 1

There are liberals who are unhappy with the values of Scouting and are probably well advised not to join BSA.

Similarly, there are conservatives who are unhappy with the values promoted by the Girl Scouts and are probably well advised not to join GSUSA.

A lot of that may depend on the leadership of local units, too.

The bottom line is that these are voluntary groups with value systems they like and cultivate in youth. If you aren't comfortable with the values of such a group, DON'T JOIN.

Personally, I'm not interested in supporting Girl Scouts. When I'm doing recruiting for Cub Scouts, from time to time I encounter people opposed to elements of the BSA program. I answer any questions people have about such policies, and if they don't agree with BSA values, GO WITH GOD! as far as I'm concerned.

We aren't all going to agree with each other.