Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NJCubScouter

Decision delayed

Recommended Posts

The BSA has delayed a decision on the membership policy issue until May:

 

http://news.yahoo.com/boy-scouts-delay-decision-admitting-gays-153238089.html

 

I fear they have created a huge mess by creating the expectation that a decision was going to be made this week, and then delaying it -- unless all sides wait with calm and patience for the decision, but that's not what I predict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, National never disappoints me in its capacity to rise to new levels of disappointment. These guys--and the board--are professionals? A total cock-up. The worst of both worlds--just anger both sides. Can we just resolve this and move on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone surprised by them not making a decision...business as usual. Why do we, the heart and soul of the BSA put up with this kind of stuff. Can we fire these bums?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid you guys are exactly right. This was a very ill-informed move on the part of the BSA. All of us are hanging by our thumbs now and fielding questions we don't have the answers to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I am following all of this correctly, at least we have a survey of the council positions, something I have never seen before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sorry for the HTML--I am having a hard time with this new software. No emphasis implied.
Copy-pasting adds the unparsed squarebracket-HTML; you can re-edit your old post and remove it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter how you feel on the issue, Merlyn nails it for the win.

 

This may be the only time ever I agree with you, Merlyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. Hugh PR mess. This keeps the spotlight on the BSA on this issue for months. Both sides will harden their positions and make the ultimate decision more difficult to take for either side. Makes a schism in scouting more likely than less.

 

SA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again the BSA cannot seem to handle issues. It made it seem as if a final decision was imminent, and then kicked the can. It would have been better served to have no floated the trial ballon and done things quietly. Hopefully with a few more months to think about it they will make the best possible decision. In the meantime, they've failed to solve any of the issues at hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...