Hmm, let me see here. I need to add another log to the fire. I want some s'mores. Ahh, there is one. There. Done,

Anyhoo, I have two questions to ask you all at the campfire. What is your favorite music style and who are your favorite artists/singers/bands?

I personally like classic rock, hard rock and some metal. Favorites include Petra, Stryper, Bride, Rebecca St. James, Evanessence, Foreigner, Shannon Curfman, and whoever sounds good.

you?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Eamonn ... I recognize Foreigner out of htc1992eaglescout47553 selections! It's the same Foreigner, right? Juke Box Hero, etc.?

WHO is one of my favorites, too! Personal fav. are Turtles, Byrds, Rolling Stones, Who, CCR, Gordon Lightfoot, Jimmy Buffett, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, and most if not all of the same eras!

1Hour

Steppenwolf, Moody Blues, Harry Connnick, Tennesee Earnie Ford, Tex Ritter, Frankie Lane, Beetoven, Tchakovski (sp), Beetles, Monkees, Grateful Dead, Jim Morrison, Maynard Ferguson, Ironhead, BB King, aw heck, I just like music.

yis

Sorry, I forgot taps echoing through the hills at night and bagpipe music wafting across the hills at night also. Had the pleasure of listening to a bagpiper at Fort Sill play his pipes from across the valley while we were in lager. Still haunts me.

yis

Sounds like a variation of "so what do you do for a living." I'll play along.

Mine are BB King, Muddy Waters, Sonnyboy Williamson (original and other,) Ray Charles, and (after a few beers) even the Blues Brothers.

I'm also an admirer of Randy Newman and Billy Joel. I think Randy is the greater of the two. Don't agree with his politics, but get a kick out of his songs.

I also admit that I never tire of the soundtrack to 1776.

DS

htc1992eaglescout47553,

A Christian rock fan I see. I say the Newsboys with Steven Curtis Chapman. Great show. Petra is one of my favorites.

Van Morrison, Jefferson Airplane (not Starship), BB King, U2, The Who, The Beatles, Jethro Tull, Santana, Eric Clapton, ELP, Buddy Miles, Harry Nilsson, Bonnie & Delaney, Lynard Skynard, Pink Floyd, Jars of Clay, Aaron Bailey, david bailey, Miles Davis, Aerosmith and a lot more. I love music. I help with the sound at my church & do all the tech work for plays at my church. Love rock n roll. Love Christian music. Love jazz & the blues. Hate opera.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Oh Yea Broadway soundtracks! thanks DS. When the family goes on trips we listen to my soundtrack collection between the son's Toby Keith, and Creed CDs. A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to The Forum, Phantom of the Opera, Joseph and his Amazing Technocolor Dreamcoat, MusicMan, Oklahoma, Oliver......

At least there are now a few groups that I have heard of.

Still I'm having a hard time seeing myself leading "Stairway To Heaven" at our next Parent and Son Weekend.

Still if the FOS, needs a little help we might try "Money"

Hey Bob White, have you ever heard the sound track to Smike, a musical based on Nicholas Nickley?

Or we could start a thread on allergies.

Using set theory for music preference, I am with: OGE, one hour, red feather, rooster, with a little overlap on Ed. Anyone mention Pat Boone or Petula Clark? Favorite classical, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Chopin, Mahler, Del Tredici, Debussy, Ravel, Wagner, lots of others. I punish my scouts by singing oldie goldies to them. Most recent comment, "I just can't get that song out of my head, and it's not even a good one!"

Ahhhh, simple pleasures. Dsteele, am I in violation of youth protection rules? Music abuse, I suppose...especially with me singing it.

I probably could have done better categorizng my musical taste:

Just let me hear some of that

Rock And Roll Music,

Any old way you choose it;

It's got a back beat, you can't lose it,

Any old time you use it.

It's gotta be Rock And Roll Music,

If you want to dance with me,

If you want to dance with me.

I've got no kick againt modern jazz,

Unless they try to play it too darn fast;

And change the beauty of the melody,