Athiests to the rescue...

...or by request. I remember when they first went into high gear after 9/11 but before TSA got really anal about microwaving things...the nice sexy lady asked me if I was uncomfortable being searched by a woman. I looked at her...her eyes...her...well...anyway, I said, "Is this a trick question?"

• 2 weeks later...

Not to gloat except, OK, maybe just a little....

Nya, nya, nya, I'm in paradise and you guys aren't....I guess that means that the rapture really DID happen and all of you were left behind, LOL. Too bad...See ya around..NOT.:)

Oops, or perhaps I am merely here for the time being by virtue of a microrapture - those things happen all the time. In that case I may see you soon, or maybe not. It's just so interesting this end-of-the-world prediction scam. Out of morbid curiosity I was half hoping it would happen. But then, I guess no one can prove it didn't, except that if it did the crackpot was left behind too. I suppose the question will remain open except perhaps for some women from Darfur and other remote places who are now doing quite well in another dimension somewhere.;)

But I guess some people quit jobs and will now be on unemployment....now THAT ought not happen for them. They missed the rapture and now they should miss our largess. Maybe they can take it out of the crackpot's hide. The suspense is terrible...I hope it will last.

Robert Fitzpatrick, of Staten Island, "I can't tell you what I feel right now," he said, surrounded by tourists. "Obviously, I haven't understood it correctly because we're still here."

That's right, Robert. You're still stuck here with the rest of us slimes.

See, this is what really gets me about all this: the unbridled arrogance of that guy and those like him who set THEMSELVES as the 'standard', the only ones who possess the 'truth'. Just because he's still here it must not have happened. Good grief! It's really all about 'them' as the so-called 'chosen'.

I will give Robert part of the statement though - he sure as heck didn't understand something.

(This message has been edited by packsaddle)