Flags in Church

Quick comment:

The previous Chief of Staff, Army, reversed the location of the Field on Army Combat Uniform flag patches (colored and subdued) because the United States Army is an "Expeditionary Army", and the flag itself trails the staff when the flag is moving forward into harms way.

I personally prefer to have the field on its own right, in the position of Honor.

Take that for whatever it is worth...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous Chief of Staff, Army, reversed the location of the Field on Army Combat Uniform flag patches (colored and subdued) because the United States Army is an "Expeditionary Army", and the flag itself trails the staff when the flag is moving forward into harms way.

John, could you clarify that? I don't see military uniforms very often. Where was the flag before, and where is it now? And which way was the flag pointing before, and which way now?

"From what I'm reading, it's clear that the flag is being worn on the right sleeve. If it were on the left, there'd be no issue here. "

True.

I have a Stars and Bars patch that is about the same size. I'm thinking about sewing it on a uniform just to see if anybody notices. ;^) I'll bet not.