We No Longer Have A Moral Compass

Sorry skeptic, a sunset isn't the creator of the universe. As for "arid souls," I assume you don't believe in love because you don't believe in Cupid? Or are myths really not required for human emotions? And by your last remark, it sounds like you subscribe to the usual all-loving god who tortures people for all eternity for a mistaken opinion. Which only parses if you use psychotic definitions of ordinary human emotions like "loving".

Packsaddle, like that old atheist Mark Twain said, "I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"But in less than 100 years you and most of the rest of us will be essentially anonymous, or at least long forgotten - even by our relatives. "

Speak for yourself. Me? I'm working on my publication record. ;)

Just have your invisible friend show up sometime.

Only you can make that happen. Alas, I cannot imagine how a skeptics heart will draw a response from God Almighty. I dont claim to speak for Him, but I have to believe (from His Word and from the Spirit He gives me) you need to cast aside all of your pride and stand naked before Him, as a sinner - we all know everyone of us is.

Im sure that last phase will draw some fire from someone on this forum. But you know folks; if you refuse to recognize the darkness in your own hearts, then how can you expect God to acknowledge you? And really, if we have as much in common as I am convinced we do then pretending that we have nothing to be ashamed of, has got to be the biggest joke known to man. Seriously, the emperor has no clothes and everyone knows it so lets take off any airs and discard all pretenses. Everyday the headlines scream that the world has fallen and no one stands without fault.

God is the Light. But He wont show himself to someone who refuses to come out of the darkness.

(This message has been edited by Rooster7)

Rooster7 writes:

Only you can make that happen.

Which indicates it would be a product of my imagination, instead of something existing independently of me. Things that really exist don't need me to pre-brainwash myself into believing first.

Does love and hate exists? Does good and evil? Is the essence of Merlyn a bag of bones, a few pints of blood, some flesh, and a collection of random thoughts? I dont believe you. I dont believe that you cannot see your own soulyour own spirit. Theres more there and I cant help but believe youre pretending otherwise.

Close your eyes long enough and you really will go blind

Rooster7 writes:

Does love and hate exists?

As human emotions, sure.

Does good and evil?

As human labels of opinion, sure.

Is the essence of Merlyn a bag of bones, a few pints of blood, some flesh, and a collection of random thoughts?

Not "random" thoughts, but I'll agree with the rest. If you want to add an unobserved, "spooky" spiritual component, I'll have to ask for some evidence, myself.

I don't believe you.

Why not?

I don't believe that you cannot see your own soul...your own spirit.

I don't appear to have one. I'm self-aware, but that doesn't entail magic.

There's more there... and I can't help but believe you're pretending otherwise.

No, I'm really not pretending. I accept that you believe what I consider complete nonsense, why don't you grant the same for me?

Do you think every single atheist in the world is just pretending? That there are no genuine atheist materialists?

God is the Light. But He wont show himself to someone who refuses to come out of the darkness.

Yah, careful there Rooster.

The Lord appeared to Thomas who doubted.

The Lord appeared to Paul while he was hell-bent on persecuting and even eradicating Christianity.

I reckon the Light shines always in the darkness. Challenges it. Disturbs it. Invades it.

When confronted by da light, I reckon yeh have to go well out of your way to run back and cling to da darkness. And then He follows...

I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;

I fled Him, down the arches of the years;

I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways...

Merlyn claims to be an atheist, eh? But he sure seems to have a deep-seated need to spend a lot of his time with us theists. I reckon da Hound of Heaven is on his tail. ;)

Beavah

(This message has been edited by Beavah)

Do you think every single atheist in the world is just pretending? That there are no genuine atheist materialists?

I believe that deep down inside (consciously or subconsciously), everyone knows that God exists and/or they dont want to conduct a real search because they're afraid (consciously or subconsciously) that they may have to give up something, like the pleasure of their current lifestyle, or the comfort that some find in knowing that nothing comes after death.

Beavah point taken. Though, Im not sure how long God calls out to those who hear but refuse to listen or who can see but refuse to look.

Well, you're like a conspiracy theorist then -- some people think Muslim congressman Keith Ellison isn't really the liberal Democrat that he's been for decades, because they "know" that all Muslims have to be against e.g. separation of church & state, gay rights, feminism, etc. So in order to explain Keith Ellison being in favor of these and other issues that they "know" Muslims can't be in favor of, they concoct elaborate conspiracy theories where Ellison really IS like they "know" every Muslim to be like, and he's been putting on an act for decades. It's pretty difficult to even argue with someone as deluded as that.