See you next election cycle!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Hilary has lost ten primaries in a row, is it because Barack Obama is so good or are people voting against Hilary? What if Obama wins the nomination and runs against McCain. So, why was the first black American voted to be president? He wasnt a Clinton nor a republican. Great way to run a country. I would like Obama a lot more if I knew what he wanted to do other than "Change"

Unless there's somekind of back room deal making done, I'd agree we're headed to an Obama/McCain choice. Seems like the candidates are beginning to believe that.

I'll admit I'm partial to McCain and have been for a while. I would have voted for him 8 years ago if I he were the nominee. I'm persona non-grata in my household now of 4 voters. All the others voted for Obama in our recent primary. As a probable McCain voter I would say the Right wing of the Republican party better get their act together, 'cause like it or not if you look at the NUMBER of voters, not percentages, Democrats are voting in numbers nearly twice as high as Republicans. Obama stands a real chance at being President and might even be considered the overall front runner.

I was going to say something about at least niether are the current administration but Pack has put it far more eloquently than I.

SA

Thanks a lot Scoutmomma, I came up with Huckabee as the person I most closely resemble, like that is going to happen.

Oh well, how bad can it get in 4 years? Like football coaches, the president gets way to much credit when it goes well and too much heat when it goes bad. My fear is that republicans will be so discouraged that they will forget besides a president, this election is for 1/3 of the Senate and 100% of the House

How bad can 4 years be? Well think about where we were in 2000 and then fast forward 4 years.

(Yes I know Bush wasn't to blame for everything bad, but he sure seemed to have bungled most of it.)

Now imagine a different person in office - maybe one you liked better than Bush, whoever that might have been (McCain, Gore, Nader, Bush Sr., Bill Bradley, whoever you prefer). Of course at this point it is merely a "what if" game but I can't help feeling we'd have been in a very different place in 2004 with most other choices as president.

If what John McCain did 8 years ago is on the table, then the Rose Law Firm, the White House Travel Office, Vince Foster, WH staffers telling officers of the Armed Forces "we don't talk to you," and Monica all go back on the table too...

Damn it, we're human. We make mistakes. If folks want the perfect political leader, they won't find him. Of course, they don't want the perfect political leader, mudslinging is an accepted part of the political process.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hillary Camp resurrected this morning's news for the Times and the Post to distract them from her problems with Obama.(This message has been edited by John-in-KC)

I am not convinced that those accusations about McCain are true. But even if they are, I am less interested in some personal infidelity than I am in his change-up regarding involvement with special interests. THAT has far more importance to the public. But there again, I'll wait until the dust settles to make any decisions.

Let's face it, ALL the dirt is going to get tossed in this one, no matter who it is.:(

PS,

And you've just hit the nail about why too many folk are no longer willing to run for office.

Who could survive the bright light scrutiny?

One of the things I really resent about NPR... every time they talk about someone who was run from office... be it 2 months ago or 15 years ago... they go into some detail about his indiscretions. Sheesh.