(Baggy pants ) We need an open discussion board (non-scouting related)

So I was listening to the radio and one of the Parishes in Louisiana has outlawed the baggy pants with the underwear showing. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a ridiculous way to wear your pants but myy only gripe about this is the fact that we live in the United States of America, the home of the brave and the land of the FREE! Don't people have the constitutional rights to dress how ever they want? I don't know but this feels like a small step toward communism. What's next? I can't wear my hat backwards because YOU don't like it?

I can understand a private business having a dress code but at this point people are being charged 50 buck for the violation. I know when I was young(er) I would have been out protesting this with my pants around my ankles wearing a speedo in front of the state building just to make a point!

Actually, the low pants thing has just about ridden its crest of popularity and may moving out of sight (as it were) By making a law against it, it just brings this topic back to the youth's attention.

I may be inclined to do the plumber's thing myself if I lived there

Sounds like a need for some civil disobedience in order to protect some civil liberties. And then maybe a court case. Anyway, I say let freedom ring. If Ed Mori wants to parade down the street in a thong, so be it, although I can think of better persons for the exercise and I've never even seen Ed. But he should have that right. Hey, this could be a free speech thing for sure, what was that now-infamous banner..."Thongs fit for Ed"?

Probably get shot down by the Supreme Court again though...dang that conservative judicial activism. ;)

OK, that said, wearing the hat backwards is stupid. You do have a right to do it but it's stupid. IMHO. Have a nice day.:)

"I know when I was young(er) I would have been out protesting this with my pants around my ankles wearing a speedo in front of the state building just to make a point!"

I guess we can be thankful you're not "younger" eh? lol

"If Ed Mori wants to parade down the street in a thong, so be it..."

Wow, that's wrong on so many levels...lol

In most places it's just a bit of the waist band of the underwear that shows now a days, but I've seen those yoots that have to crab walk to keep their pants from completely falling off. They do look absolutely ridiculous, but I think they do have a right to look absolutely ridiculous if they want. I'm glad that my fashion sense left me with denim jeans, t-shirts and white track shoes.

"If Ed Mori wants to parade down the street in a thong, so be it..."

Wow, that's wrong on so many levels...lol

Hey! Why is that wrong? I like butt floss!

And how did I get associated with wearing a thong, pack??

Ed "Thong" Mori

1 Peter 4:10

What drives me crazy is the hat set just askew off the face, not a lot, just enough to drive me crazy. Then just as I am reaching to center the cap, I think of my early 70's wardrobe, 3 polyester leisure suits in colors not found in nature, a synthetic shirt that weighed less than one ounce and stacked leather heels for Friday night and a pair of platform shoes on Saturday with a space for goldfish and all of a sudden, that baseball hat set slighty askew doesnt look so bad after all.

Then again, speaking of The Carpenters

Think, Think a Thong,

Think it simple

Think it strong

Don't worry if its not good enough for anyone else to see

Just think, think a thong

(Kiddie Chorus)

La, La, lalala, la la la la lala, la la la la la

(now try to get back to work)

"Think, Think a Thong,

Think it simple

Think it strong

Don't worry if its not good enough for anyone else to see

Just think, think a thong

(Kiddie Chorus)

La, La, lalala, la la la la lala, la la la la la "

Now that there is funny, I don't care who you are!

He's been alive forever, and he wore the very first thong

He keeps his thighs together but we don't know for how long

He is Ed, and he wears a thong

CHORUS

He wears the thong that make the whole world sing

He wears the thong of love and special things

He wears the thong that make the young girls cry

He wears the thong, He wears the thong

Oh, I hope the craze isn't over.I've just been hatching an idea to market young men's boxers with prints of My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, the Care Bears and maybe the Smurfs. I think I'd get rich because lots of moms and dads would buy them for their sons. Since I got the idea, all I have to say to my 15 year old is "ponies" and he knows exactly what I'm talking about