The Beatles? Appropriate for Scouting?

After being taken to task by the morality police for using "TFB," I was surprised to see that so many of you are Beatles fans. For shame! The Beatles were atheists, drug using criminals, involved in casual sex with multiple partners, and just not good role models. Not really an appropriate topic for a Scouting forum.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I take the bait?

No I won't.

Well on his way his head in a cloud,

The man of a thousand voices talking perfectly loud,

But nobody ever hears him

Or the sound he appears to make.

And he never seems to notice....

Eamonn

Iron Man could possibly be the worst song ever made. You can make the same noise with two sticks & a garbage can lid!

Do away with people blowin' my mind

Do away with peoples wastin' my precious time

Take me to a simple place

Where I can easily wash my face

And maybe baby I'll say you were kind

No I love you baby

Yes I do

Did you know that Paul was a Scout?

The Beatles by comparison with most of the Rap music of today would be considered boy scouts. So does that give them a higher morality? The Oneida religious community believed in free love long before the Beatles, so The Boys should have been worse off because of the rule of social entropy. Maybe we have yet to hit the bottom of the moral garbage can. It is just a slow spiral, much like a flush.

One of their songs was about a long and winding road. They may have been thinking about Scouting or hiking or The Ring Trilogy, who knows? Some of their songs were considered to be a part of the moral conscious of a new generation. If it was a new morality, then would it be acceptable to listen?

Elvis could only shake half of his body on TV and he proclaimed to be religious but he was not a Boy Scout. Are religious people more moral than Scouts? If they are, then Elvis was more moral than everyone and they should have put the rest of him on the tube. Elvis died a death by overdoing it and he is considered a saint by many. Let's ban him too for good measure but do it quietly. Now, I am really shook up.

Remember, John saying that the Beatles were greater than Jesus? He later said that he was only kidding or trying to make some late night comparison by shooting off his mouth. We can now have a Beatle album burning, especially since so few of us have turntables.

Sorry, for some reason, I can't seem to find my outrage. Please try again tomorrow. I'm sure I will be up to it.

FB