from the desk of a pompous, arrogant, pedantic, closeminded bookthumper

For the past nearly five months I have been faithful to these forums and only missed one day, including weekends.

So I go away for a couple of days and all of a sudden something has happened and Bob White is out? Would someone please fill me in? I'm going to activate the chat room. I know it's late on a Thursday evening, but if you'd like to join in, I'd appreciate a briefing.

As I wait to see if I hear a chime, I'm going to run a couple of searches to see if I can figure it out for myself.

I, too, count Bob White as a friend. Proudly.

Dave Steele

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>So,until FOG either changes his behavior (which I do not expect), or until Terry and the other board operators choose to rid us of FOG again (as they did when he violated the board rules before), I see no need to continue to feed him on this board.

EAGLEDAD, I think all are being punished from this. Bob for possibly giving up something he must enjoy doing (why else would he do so), FOG for seem to have being attacked, the forum for not listening to Bob, and the scouts in our troops, packs, crews, etc for not knowing an easier way, etc.

Bob, please come back.

I've been out of the net for awhile and have not been keeping up with the forum as much as I would like. I'm not sure what has happened. Like dsteele and packsaddle, I am curious to know what is going on.

I have learned alot. Since I joined, from everybody here and especially from you, Bob. You give us all the info you can when you post and the reference to find it and look it up ourselves. I for one appreciate that. We don't get all the updated BSA materials out here like you all do stateside. So this forum is one of my greatest resources.

I pray you reconsider.

Your Friend,

Matua

Thank you to all who posted to me in this string and contacted me by private messaging. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

I have not left the board I am simply answering to the posters directly by private messaging so please check your mailboxes if you have posted a question anywhere on this forum in the last couple of days.

In answer to one of your frequent questions...I run from no one. But, I have too much respect for what Terry and his staff are trying to accomplish here, and for the vast majority of posters and readers, to allow my posts to be used as a platform for FOG to spew from.

It is rewarding to know that so many of you feel my input has helped you develop as leaders, I could ask for no greater compliment. I will be happy to continue answer any questions you would like to direct to me either on this board or at my e-mail address bobwhitebsa@msn.com.

Your friend in scouting,

Bob White

Bob White, I'm not sure I understand why yet but I think I understand your intent. I, for one, viewed your pronouncements as if coming from someone who knew BSA and policy very well. I may not agree with everything but I have learned a lot...and continue to. Glad to hear you'll still be around.

OK...a few times now I've read reference to some private members mailboxes.

Ummm...can someone direct me to where I might find them? (Oooooh...I just hate it when I have to appear my age...)(This message has been edited by saltheart)

WOW! Go to camp for a week and look what happens!

Bob, I know you & I don't see eye to eye (I made a rhyme!) on a lot but I enjoy your posts.

I think we must all remember, this board permits our opinions. And we all have them. We might not like them all but we have them. Banning someone from the board beacuse we don't like their posts is wrong. If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em! Simple.

As far as FOG being yaworski, I doubt it. Mr. Yaworski is a fine upstanding Scouter who was banned because someone in their infinite wisdom decided he had signed on as two different people & that was wrong. No proof was ever given this was true.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Ed

You may need to take a nap and then reread a few of the posts!

And if you believed how yaworski behaved was acceptable, I feel sorry for you and you scouts!

You need to find the post from the administrator and read it, and than tell me what part yaworski did was scoutlike.

And FOG is acting just like yaworksi did, stuff like all person with AIDS should be sepearted from everyone else.

And he countines to sort of say that scouting sucks.

this board permits our opinions, done in a scoutlike manner!

But opinions do not make it correct either!

I take it yaworski is friend of yours, maybe you need to pick your friends better! He sure in the hell was not an upstanding scouter, same as with FOG.

Dan,

You are making a judgement from what you read on this board right? There are those on this board who also think gays as well as athiests in Scouting are OK. Are they fine upstanding Scouters?

Mark Yaworski posted his opinion. He was honest in his opinions. He might have not always been friendly courteous or kind but then we all err from time to time. Not unlike yourself in your last post. The use of vulgarity on your part is not Scoutlike and suggesting I pick friends poorly is not very Scoutlike. But I don't think you should be banned.

Sounds like because his opinions difer from your own or maybe because he has the stones to post what he feels makes it un-Scoutlike to you. Maybe. But don't we all post un-Scoutlike things from time to time?

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10