from the desk of a pompous, arrogant, pedantic, closeminded bookthumper

Ed

How in the world did you bring this around to gays and atheists?? Since you asked, I think gays in the BSA are fine as long at they are not avowed. Atheists are fine also if they believe in God.

It does not take stones to make a man.

Yes, we all post unscout like things from time to time, not 85% of our posts, Oh yes I went back and counted them!

So, I take it he is a good friend of yours and you agree with what he says?

Another scouter (wait a minute if memory serves me correctly he was (is) not a scouter) in it for themselves and not the scouts, surprise, surprise.

I do not believe that he was honest. He changed his tune too many times just to stir the pot. In a very unlike scout manner.

Your question about making a judgment from what is written in this board has me baffled, are you saying that I should not take what is written on this board to mean anything, that it is only people trying to make themselves heard and having fun and nothing else?

What did you find vulgar? Sucks? That's not a bad word. Hell, neither is that one. Or is it that I am seeing that you are not a very good scouter!

How's that for stones?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching this thread for entertainment purposes but when you start lying about what I've said, I have to jump in.

"And he countines to sort of say that scouting sucks"

Where have I even suggested that Scouting (it should be capitalized) sucks? I think that the quality of the uniform sucks. I think that the current handbook sucks. I even think that many BSA policies suck. BUT Scouting is a good program and does far more for boys than any basketball, soccer or baseball program.

FOG,

If our uniform sucks (pants do), handbook sucks(wrong), and most policies suck, what doesnt in your opinion?

That is about everything. I think the program is great! Pants could see improvement, but like it has been said, you cant please everyone all the time.

"I can only please one person a day, and today is not your day. Tomorrow doesnt look too good either."

Terry, I think it's time this thread is locked. It is starting to get out of hand and outside of the Scout Law and Oath.

Patience Hops, the vast majority of posters have stuck to the topic. Although I'm fascinated that FOG calls "Foul" when he he feels someone has lied, a act that FOG did repeatedly to the entire population of this forum the moment he rejoined the us.

Let's not let his distain for the handbook, the uniform, or the policies of scouting force the discussion to be locked. The more you know of his opinion and methods of scouting the better you can determine his value to scouting and this forum.

Bob White

BW,

You keep saying that FOG has rejoined us. Enlighten the rest of us please! Is he Yaworski/Zorn Packt or someone esle? Yaworski is the only person I know of that was banned. Without seeing someone's IP address, it would be difficult to know who is who when signing in under a different name. How are you privy to this?

"You keep saying that FOG has rejoined us." No, I think I have only said it once. What is more important, what I think or what FOG knows? Honesty is important to FOG, I think that is commendable. Is Fog also Yaworski or zorn or the first name he posted as and said was his? FOG knows and if he feels honesty is an important element of a scouters character then he will tell you the truth.

So ask FOG about FOG.

Bob White(This message has been edited by Bob White)

"And FOG is acting just like yaworksi did, . . .

And he countines to sort of say that scouting sucks."

Sorry Dan but your broken English is hard to follow. It appeared as if FOG was the subject of your fractured sentences. The second sentence starts with a conjunction and has no antecedent for the pronoun so I had to guess what you meant.

I'm starting to agree with Hops. This topic was interesting to me, but the novelty wore off around the time when Dan and Ed were comparing their "stones." This whole thread has deteriorated into nothing but personal attacks. Frankly, it didn't start off far from a personal attack. I consider the accusation that Fat Old Guy is really Yaworski to be a personal attack if there is no actual evidence besides some language style and a distast for Bob White. There is nothing about Scouting in this topic and it's an argument that will make little headway. All this has become is a thread for people to stand on different sides and yell at each other. Even for me, a person who mostly resides in the Issues and Politics section, this thread is distasteful and reflects negatively on Scouting.

So, how about that clovehitch? Does it ever come loose on you too? Ruins the whole lashing. (my attempt to add something that pertains to Scouting to this post)

Zandhana,

Your right them clovehitches do have a habit of working loose every now and then. I found a trick for that. As you make the knot make sure you have plenty of runner left over and use that to add a half hitch to the standing part... It may take the prettiness out of the clovehitch but won't let it back off. I seem to recall that being called a Locked clovehitch.

Dan,

A true atheist belives God doesn't exist so an atheist can't believe in God. Avowed or not a homosexual is still a homosexual and immoral.

I don't judge people by their posts here. Most of the time they are opinions. I don't always agree with Bob White but I'm not judging him.

Without proof FOG, yaworski & zorn are the same people you are judging each one of them. You may not like their posts and that's OK. I know my posts are not always enjoyed by all & I'm sure you could say the same thing about yours.

I pull no punches. You can ask anyone who know me about my honesty & direct approach.

He** is not what I would consider a very Scoutlike word used in the context you did. If this were a religious discussion, it would be more appropriate. Since you don't know me (I think) you could only think I am not a good Scouter by what I have posted here. Therefore judging me. I don't know if you are a good Scouter or not. I think you probably are but I don't know for sure because I have never seen or heard about the way you run your unit or work with Scouts. I do know some of the people on this board are good Scouters because I know them or have worked with them or have heard from reliable sources they are good Scouter.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

That was a terrific explanation Ed.

So may I suggest a resolution. Let's let FOG speak for himself. As a scout leader who has already told us that he doesn't like lies, lets give him the opportunity to set the record straight.

FOG First posted as Al Lundy and said on more than one occasion that it was his real name. FOG, was that the truth?

Yaworski and Zorn Packte were caught by the administrator of the forum for being the same person and dual posting as well as other violations of the forum, and told to leave.

Fog, are you that same person? (keep in mind your personal commitment to honesty).

Ed let's see if we have an honest person in FOG or not, We already know yaworski's credibility.

Bob White(This message has been edited by Bob White)

Bob,

I tried to do my own rudimentary search, and couldn't find a post that FOG made that he called himself Al Lundy. Although he registered 6/19, the earliest post I can find for him was dated 7/6.

If there is an easier way to search this, I don't know it, but I couldn't find the post to which you refer. Did he really use a fake name?

I'm just asking because I want to be fair. My gut tells me it is probably true, only becuase he didn't deny it in his response. I just couldn't find it.

It is nice to have you back though.

Mark