I like the new belts

The metal is much sturdier, the universal emblem is nicer, but best of all, the mechanism for keeping the belt from slipping out of placer is 10X better.

I never liked that darn little bar on the old buckle that was supposed to keep the buckle fastened. It always would work it's way loose.

• 1 month later...

The problem with the old belts was that they shrink. Mine got shorter and shorter.

(Actually at one summer camp, one of our "adult" patrol readjusted the belt of his tent mate each night about half in inch shorter. Toward the end of the week, the tent mate was passing on seconds at dinner and not eating cobbler. We finally told him and gave him extra Chili-Mac that night.

Berk Moss

Cascade Pacific Council

Newberg, Oregon

"(Actually at one summer camp, one of our "adult" patrol readjusted the belt of his tent mate each night about half in inch shorter. Toward the end of the week, the tent mate was passing on seconds at dinner and not eating cobbler. We finally told him and gave him extra Chili-Mac that night."

That's actually kinda funny, but he didn't notice that the belt buckle was in a different place every night, I mean I'd assume that before thinking something impossible like gaining .5 inches on your waist daily.

I have a old pair (30 year?) of pants with the credit card pocket that I have to fight to get the belt tab through, it may be just a quality control issue on this pair. I really like the fact I can release the buckle easier than the old style.