Eagle Advancement Questions

In my troop when a boy get his scout badge he is given a three ring binder with baseball card holders inside.

After every court of honor. The Boys are reminded to put any blue cards or rank advancement cards in their books.

This way the boy himself has postive proof of what he did and there is no fear of someone losing his records

Let's see....over 40 years later, and I still have most of my original blue cards, etc. H'mmm, talk about a packrat! I probably need to recycle the leisure suits too. Now when was the last time I had a 28 inch waiste? ;)

This issue illustrates a problem with multiple failure points. In my district, the District Adv Chair issues a monthly report of advancement by troop. Troops that do not submit an advancement report for more than a month are "red flagged", and the Unit Commissioner is notified to follow up. No troop should be allowed to go more than 2-3 months without a visit. If the problem is widespread, the Training Chair should also be notified so that training sessions can target this issue. If the problem is recordkeeping at Council, then the district Chair should be having a discussion with the DE and SE.