Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you call the company and you have a good credit rating they may raise the $1000 limit for you, and set the hold rate at a higher amount.

but the reviews online are not so good for this company.

now, who has $18 unbelievable micro popcorn this year? ours is $20.

Comment

The hold is only for $1000 in 7 days of sales..... If you use it as a last resort kind of thing or stop using it when you get close to the limit you would be ok.

Comment

I really can never ever not never in a million years see myself handing over one of my cards to someone armed with a smart phone.
        I'm clever enough to know that the phones are very smart and I'm not.
        Hackers seem to be doing a great job of hacking into just about any and every place that they have a hankering to do so.
        Companies are not always very forthcoming in saying that they have been hacked and some guy half a world away is buying guns and drugs at my expense.
        Sure I know there is a good chance that I might get my money back.
        But there is a good chance that I could spend many happy hours listening to voice prompts while I try to fix what has happened to my identity and my credit.
        All because I spent less than fifty bucks on something I don't like to start with?
        I don't think so.
        Far better to give the guy a fifty dollar bill and hope that he will when I ask him to put it in the unit funds do so.
        If he doesn't?
        Then the unit is hurt and out the fifty bucks and I'm left not knowing but still feeling good that I supported the cause.
        Eamonn
        Who is a lot dumber than any smart phone.

Comment

If you don't want to use it, more power to you -- whatever floats your boat. Other people don't have the same opinion, though, which is cool, whatever floats their boats too.

Comment

Latest on the $1,000 limit:

Square, for its part, appears to have removed the $1000 per week limit, or more precisely, the $1000 limit only exists for the first week as Square checks out the transactions being made to ensure they're not fishy. A company representative said that the cap originally was instituted to protect against fraud, and one presumes that the loads of transaction data they've gathered has enabled them to spot bad actors in more sophisticated ways.

(From an article published today in the Atlantic)

Comment

Well it is irrelevant....the Pack committee did not want to link it to the Pack checking account or bother to setup another account. the issue is dead for our group.

Comment

Working...
              X