I never had a father, but my grandfather more than made up for that. I no longer have him with me, but I know he's looking down from that wonderful place we call heaven. So I send this out to all you men that have chosen to be not a father but a 'DAD'...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

May you have a day of peace and quiet and relaxation (or at least a few minutes ;))!

Carol

Thanks, Carol. I lost my Dad 10 years ago on Feb 17. This is always a tough day for me. My own sons are grown now and have jobs that require them to be working, but I'll probably hear from them this evening. As I did with my own Dad, they always ask me, "what do you want for Father's Day". Like my own dad, I tell them, "I don't need anything". The fact that they are living their lives in a productive, honorable fashion is all the reward I need. I understand that now.

My two young sons and I spent a quiet morning on the lake. We tried "fishing" with small hand held nets, took a ride on a friends pontoon boat, and threw rocks into the water. We ate hot-dogs and then had a scoop of ice-cream. That is all I could ever want.

FB

scoutldr, I understand what you say. For me it's just another day. But every day throughout the entire year, when my son or my daughter asks me to help with something and I get to work with them. And then they thank me for teaching them just a little bit more, every one of those days is a father's day to me. I don't need the stuff either, I just need to know they are well and to give of myself...to them.

Good day,

I received a special Fathers Day card this year. It came from two boys who don't have a father in their lives. Their mother is a close friend of the family and the older son (11 yr old) is one of the Scouts in our Troop (younger son is 9 yr old). Our Family has included the boys on a couple of Family outings and my son and I have included them in some fishing outings.

The card was titled, "You're Like a Father to Us". Inside was a short thank you for spending time with them and for "just being there", signed by the boys.

I always cherish the time spent with my own children and the cards that they have given me in the past...this card has found its way into the box containing all the cards that I've kept over the years.

It's amazing that just a little time spent can mean so much more to one of these little ones.

ASM59