New Morse Code interpreter strip

"the problem is that morse code, and Q codes are old school and rarely used today." Really? Haven't listened much on Amateur frequencies lately, have you?

I've used (and still do) Morse and Q codes to communicate - mostly DX - because it eases the language barrier. It's much more understandable than heavily accented English heard through interference and noise, and hearing English through the same when it's not your primary language.

It's not really a language, but it does require an interpreter when you don't know it. That's not a "language" strip, it's an "interpreter" strip.

And, yes, I have mine and will be wearing it at K2BSA at the next Jamboree.(This message has been edited by Woapalanne)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our boys enjoy doing signalling with mirrors and semaphore on occasion; so I do not think keeping these old school things around are a bad thing. It is not a requirement to learn Morse.

Back in the 60's my brother and I had morse sets. We were on opposite sides of the house so the wire went out the windows and over the roof. Boy did we get in trouble if Mom heard the clickity-clack too long. Still have the "Learn Morse Code the East Way" LP record somewhere. Never could get pass 45 rpm. So maybe it is nostalgia.