Leaving/ SMC/ other stuff

As I just mentioned in another thread, I am going to be heading off to college soon. So, I will not be writing/reading here much anymore. For those of you who don't know, I just spent the past week doing 3 merit badges (who said you can't wait until the last minute), and my Eagle SM Conference. I will be scheduling my BOR for either Thanksgiving break or Christmas Break.

At the SM conference I was asked one interesting question that I didn't have a very good answer to. "Why do you want to become an Eagle Scout if you can't put it on your college applications?"

Anyways, thanks to all of you for the support that I have gotten from reading here plus this has been a great excuse to do something when I should have (but didn't want to) worked on merit badges.

Anyway, best of luck to everybody out here.

YiS,

Eric

We need Eagle Scout caliber men like you. After college, I suggest you go into proffesional Scouting. We need young blood, with futurestic ideas, imagination, to run the Nationl HQ's. Boy Scouts of America, should not be a business organization, but to be an organization to benefit our boys. Thanks for being a Scout, ...jambo

Good luck, have fun and stay focused on your studies. Your education is the springboard by which the rest of your life will take off. Oh, and although a bit premature, congratulations on completing the requirements for Eagle.

Congratulations and best wishes.

One answer might be: Because it's about life, not college applications.

Please consider a Venturing Crew in college.

BTW, which college and what major?

Gonzo1