Went to western Kansas for a week with my Venture Crew last week.

We stopped for dinner at a local resturant that was packed with people. My son and I were in complete uniform while traveling, so it was obvious we were scouts.

We were seated and placed our orders. About 10 minutes later, our waitress came up to our table and told us that another customer had noticed us as being scouts and had paid our dinner bill for us.

Same thing happened to us several years ago.

Almost every trip someone will come up and start recounting their time as a Scout.

The uniform still means a lot to many folks out there.

A few years ago we were returning from a rafting trip and were spending the night in Dayton, Ohio. Upon checking in to the motel we were starying in, the propreitor said since we were scouts and in uniform he gave us a 20% discount. That was quite a savings, as we had reserved 5 rooms! It does pay to travel in uniform.

Day off from Philmont Training center, borrowed a friends Suburban for sight seeing in area, went to Eagles nest, coming back through state park. Looked in rear view mirror saw truck flashing lights. Thought this jerks wants to pass me sped up to reach wide point in road to let him go by. Then red an blue lights started flashing it was the Park Ranger. Pulled over he approached passenger side asked for license, Reg, and Insurance. Handed over license from out of state. Couldn't find registration, Insurance card was expired by over a year. Vehicle not in my name. In full Field Activity Uniform. Venture Youth with me in Uniform, let us off with a warning about slow down the State trooper ahead would write me a ticket for all things, He should know he trained him....

Very glad to be wearing the old Tan & Green...

3ed

ya our troop requires us to travle in uniform when we leave our town....we went to philmont new mexico and we seen 30+ people in the airport tell us scouting storys of them self or telling us how there son just went to philmont it was neat.