I hate to be a wet blanket for all of you southern people professing to be living in God's Country, but I have to let you in on the truth of the matter.....Maine is God's Country, from our rocky shores to majestic Mt. Katahdin, we get to see the sunrise first, which is just God's way of smiling on his best loved part of the country first.

Maine - its not the end of the world but on a clear day you can see it from here.

Come up and visit, and see for yourselves....:)

Michelle (with tongue firmly in cheek)

CM - P102(This message has been edited by msnowman)

msnowman,

Ok, you got me. Back in '99 and '00, I spent 10 months on a work assignment in Vermont. Your neck of the woods up there is some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen in my life.

msnowman, where in Maine are you located, roughly?

I have an Uncle in west madison (closer to Skowhegan, but that's Maine) and others in Wynham and Hartford. My dad grow up near The Forks and I have been back to raft the Kennebec from the dam down to the Forks. While Maine has beauty, the Grand Tetons are my vote.

Ron. My home country is North Arkansas, Harrison

Love it and is can be so pretty. Still love Texas though. As far as "Gods Country" Guess what, we are all right. It is all Gods Country.

Remember this coming winter when you all in Ill and Vermont and up north are having - temps I will be sitting in my backyard with a drink watching the birds and sunsets in my shirt sleeves. HA HA HEE HEE. Giggle Giggle

Gosh Folks, God moved out West years ago, its God's Country here in the Sierras! Whenever I go to Yosemite, I'm reminded of just WHO exactly is in charge around here!

btw - we renewed our wedding vows some years back at the church there in the valley - Guess who was in attendance? :-)

You know when I posted the message with the term "God's Country" I almost changed it to "the Republic".

However I'm glad I did not because I enjoyed hearing about other parts of God's Country and why ya'll like them.

I actually like the country aorund here in Southern Missouri Northern Arkansas Ozarks better than I do the Texas Gulf Coast. But don't tell the folks back home.;)

YIS

ronvo

I have recently noticed armadillos squashed on the roads just a little south of my home here in the Blue Ridge. Coyotes have been here for quite a while.

I guess I need to do some more reading now to figure out the whole 'Juris' thing.

I've been to Woolaroc. That's where I bought MY hat (another thread).

Beav, do you remember what I said your new moniker reminded me of in a PM to you? That was a long time ago. ..... State Road 540 road kill. ;) I still can't get past that for some reason.

For what it's worth, daytime highs have been in the 70s in Canada (just north of Lake Superior). And people are sweating profusely. Go figure.

ronvo, I've just gotten back from camp with our troop at S-F (saw two shooting stars on my pre-Ordeal overnight), did a week two weeks ago at S-F for NYLT - definitely a piece of God's country.

OTOH - I'll be in the Rockies two weeks from now (and have spent a lot of time out that way) and I was overlooking the Potomac six weeks ago.

It's ALL God's country...

Vicki