This is Why Adults Don't Like to Volunteer

Here's another one...

Fully support sending kits to the battle zone.  But, how much money is the council making off of this per kit?

If you aren't getting any, SAY SO!  If you are taking in money off of this, SAY SO!

But, Caution!:  If you are making money off of this, be prepared for a backlash.  Is it immoral to make money off of someone else's misfortune?

d9faf67f-f57f-4e08-8a83-d235aefa948a.png

https://betterfundraising.org/scout-kit-2/

Edited by InquisitiveScouter

Let me guess, if we paid more FOS, then all of the system issues would be resolved.  

Local council staff wandered by a recent meeting, showing the colors I guess.  They did get around to asking about when they could do the FOS song and dance.  I asked about the council salary structure (available from IRS 999 form), I asked what real value the council actually brings at the unit level, and beyond building the bank of money the council has, what would the FOS fund?  We don't have a DE and not sure what they would do and what value they would bring if we had one.

Crickets

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jameson76 said:

Let me guess, if we paid more FOS, then all of the system issues would be resolved.  

Local council staff wandered by a recent meeting, showing the colors I guess.  They did get around to asking about when they could do the FOS song and dance.  I asked about the council salary structure (available from IRS 999 form), I asked what real value the council actually brings at the unit level, and beyond building the bank of money the council has, what would the FOS fund?  We don't have a DE and not sure what they would do and what value they would bring if we had one.

Crickets

Anyone else find it humorous that the acronym for Friends of Scouting has a completely different meaning altogether?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

Here's another one...

Fully support sending kits to the battle zone.  But, how much money is the council making off of this per kit?

If you aren't getting any, SAY SO!  If you are taking in money off of this, SAY SO!

But, Caution!:  If you are making money off of this, be prepared for a backlash.  Is it immoral to make money off of someone else's misfortune?

d9faf67f-f57f-4e08-8a83-d235aefa948a.png

https://betterfundraising.org/scout-kit-2/

And when you go to the website the kits are $20 each.

I also wonder how those kits are going to get to Ukraine. My guess is it would be better to just write a check to someone that has everything already set up to, say, buy first aid supplies in Poland and just drive them to the border.

But to answer your question, this is certainly a duck.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DuctTape said:

Anyone else find it humorous that the acronym for Friends of Scouting has a completely different meaning altogether?

You mean Fund Our Salaries?

or Full of Sh----aving Cream! Be nice and clean! Shave every day and you'll always look keen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ffkDf0ol4&ab_channel=SuperJessTheMess

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, FireStone said:

I'm not but I'd like to look into it.

Yes, indeed.  Any issues you have in Scoutbook with log ins, accounts, multiple IDs, etc., go there, start a new topic (most people put them in Scoutbook Bugs, although they aren't bugs), and post.  Someone will answer you within a few hours, and you will get an email notifying you.

Recommend you read through a few posts of issues to get a flavor for how to ID the problems.  Never post personal info.  That should go without saying, but some people will post enough stuff on there that you could use to seriously mess with them.

CAUTION:  You are not anonymous on that forum!  People who know what they are doing can find out who you are and what council and unit you are associated with.  Do not post anything you don't want tied back to you easily. 😜