Reporting Adults Who Do Not Follow Lightning Precautions

On 3/29/2022 at 11:57 PM, InquisitiveScouter said:

And your stats are misleading.  Those 350 million aren't really the sample population; they aren't outdoors in a thunderstorm.

https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/680-056_lightning.pdf

Funny, I just checked the references, and BSA has dropped this pub from their Safety Moments site.  Was up just a few days ago... that's actually quite suspicious.

I wonder if there has been a lightning death, or it was reported up the chain in our council?  Think we got some attention with the thread???

For posterity and future lawsuits: 

680-056_lightning.pdf

Edited by InquisitiveScouter
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm trying to figure  out what to do with these staffers.  Could we tell Will Smith they made fun of his wife?   As others have pointed out there comes a time in most people's lives, when they re

Playing devils advocate, if the nearby dining hall is taller and does not have a lightning rod to ground it, also if the construction materials of the dining hall are more conductive then the shorter

Posted Images

On 4/8/2022 at 10:12 AM, InquisitiveScouter said:

Funny, I just checked the references, and BSA has dropped this pub from their Safety Moments site.  Was up just a few days ago... that's actually quite suspicious.

I wonder if there has been a lightning death, or it was reported up the chain in our council?  Think we got some attention with the thread???

For posterity and future lawsuits: 

680-056_lightning.pdf 106.47 kB · 5 downloads

Appears BSA Safety Incident Review: Lightning publication is again available online.

https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/680-056_lightning.pdf

Edited by RememberSchiff