Bankruptcy, everything but the legalese

1 hour ago, ThenNow said:

Purely anecdotal, but I've heard three people say that very thing. Effectively, "Wait to give so you don't end up contributing to the take of a bunch of lawyers."

Significant donors in my council have walked away from making any donations.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're going to split the ch11.x thread in 2. The original will be kept as it was intended, for the legal aspects of the case and everything else will go here. In a nutshell, if the judge is dealing wi

@Gilwell_1919 I want to respond to this, but in the proper thread, which is this one. Let's be clear what Kosnoff has said. 1) He had stated that scouting should continue. He's repeated th

No one here, except members who are claimants, have any part of deciding anything in this bankruptcy. Let's drop the personal criticism of others who express in a scoutlike way their differing op

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, SiouxRanger said:

"Work for free, send money, don't question."

Compliant and complacent volunteers, donating money, are welcome.  The troublesome, well, National has its ways.

I expect that  if the same group of National staffers now employed retain their jobs after the bankruptcy, there will be membership retribution against identifiable posters on this forum.

It seems to be National's way.

I know active Scouters of this opinion are aware, but this level of retaliation and vitriol makes me - us, for those who agree - further understand how we have been treated. How would it not? 

Edited by ThenNow
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Deleted. Discussions of internal Council/National politics and the removal of Scouters is NOT part of the Chapter 11 legal proceedings. Take complaints to another thread.

Edited by CynicalScouter
Deleted. Discussions of internal Council/National politics and the removal of Scouters is NOT part of the Chapter 11 legal proceedings. Take complaints to another thread.

Edited by CynicalScouter
3 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

A copy of the 1976 document, then known as the "Procedures For Maintaining Standards of Leadership" can be found at https://whyy.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Procedures-for-Maintaining-Standards-of-Leadership-197223.pdf

The current BSA refers to it by slightly different name ("Procedures for Maintaining Standards of Membership and Leadership") but I believe it is all the same document.

A Death Warrant by any other name...

The BSA has a Death Warrant process.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, CynicalScouter said:

As has been pointed out several times: there are hundreds of Congressionally chartered corporations, including BSA.

The fact that Congress issued a charter does NOT make it a government entity, therefore, the Bill of Rights does NOT apply. The Bill of Rights is limited to governmental activity and the BSA is not a government entity.

This was the entire premise of the Dale case: BSA is a PRIVATE entity and therefore can set whatever membership standards it wants and remove members at will.

I know that the Bill of Right does not apply. 

But that is not what BSA SELLS.

"We are good and decent folks, Americans, God and Country, Flag, principles..."

BUT if you do not play by OUR rules, WE WILL CRUSH YOU.

And National will.

I know these things to be true.  

Edited by CynicalScouter
8 minutes ago, SiouxRanger said:

I don't know as much about this as you.  I do know that many good scouters have had their memberships revoked without good cause.  I believe what you are saying is true.

That said, I think your use of the term "Death Warrant" is unnecessarily hyperbolic.  The facts are damning enough.

Edited by David CO
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

The fact that Congress issued a charter does NOT make it a government entity

And so WHY would National drape itself in the American Flag, yet DENY the fundamental principles of which that Flag symbolizes?

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, David CO said:

I don't know as much about this as you.  I do know that many good scouters have had their memberships revoked without good cause.  I believe what you are saying is true.

That said, I think your use of the term "Death Warrant" is unnecessarily hyperbolic.  The facts are damning enough.

Hyperbolic, perhaps.  But to those DAMNED by National it is not.  Their reputations have been damaged in their hometowns, communities, churches...

I know several scouters whose faithful longevity and recognition and awards far and away exceed those of any others I know, were so abused by National.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, SiouxRanger said:

WE WILL CRUSH YOU.

18 minutes ago, SiouxRanger said:

3 minutes ago, SiouxRanger said:

But to those DAMNED by National it is not.  

Wow. This is hyperbole on top of hyperbole.

It is also far outside the scope of Chapter 11 topic. I'd suggest this be taken elsewhere.

Edited by CynicalScouter
10 minutes ago, David CO said:

You likely do not know as much about this as me, and you have been spared.

Nowhere near the level of trauma experienced by sexual abuse survivors, but I speak almost daily with one of my friends who experienced the "shunning" procedure of National.

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

Wow. This is hyperbole on top of hyperbole.

It is also far outside the scope of Chapter 11 topic. I'd suggest this be taken elsewhere.

Hardly hyperbole.  For $100, I can ship a copy of the records.

Ever been publicly accused as a child abuser in YOUR hometown by no less than that Beacon of Purity, the Boy Scouts of America?  Because you raised the issue that the Council was bankrupt?  A Council which attempted murder, but had to settle for rape, when the allegations were totally unfounded?

My friends did.  I know these things to be true.

And perhaps, you might consider thinking before pouncing.