Who is headed to NOAC 2018?

On 8/30/2018 at 8:37 AM, MikeS said:

It was my understanding that the black robes were worn by the Arrowmen spectators, not the four Principals; they were in regalia. Is that not correct??

The work-around, as discussed in other threads on this subject (q.v.) is what I term "Standing Bear Productions, LLC" - no official affiliation with the OA or even BSA.  

I am struggling to remember who was wearing black robes in the Shows. But there was definitely 4 in robes, so at the time I assumed it was the principles, though I don't remember them doing in portion of any ceremony. It may have been the principles or may not.

I do know that this discussion that is being had is if to allow black robes as an option to the induction ceremonies. Nothing official on that front yet.

Principles may currently wear regalia (area specific by next NOAC) or they may wear Field uniform for all ceremonies.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like a violation of the Guide to Safe Scouting. 

Have been enjoying NOAC this week.  Some rain, but weather cleared up and has been nice.  All very well organized from what I’ve seen, smaller than last one, but the “normal” size didn’t seem to dimin

I was there. Super busy though. It was my first NOAC so I attended as many seminars and events as I could. I was especially intrigued to join the LodgeMaster developer group to see what I can contribu

Originally it was the principles in the robes. I'm friends with  the guy who did the research on the topic, and used the robes for OA trail crew ceremony he and a few others created. 

If memory serves, at one time all Arrowmen were encouraged to be in robes, and later regalia. I need to look in my OA history book, once Florence leaves. But I distinctly reading in one lodge's bylaws that all Arrowmen were encouraged to be in regalia.